Marshall JVMs = Awesome

Nice info you have there ,i don`t know what secret that OD1 Red Channel in real JVM have. Or was that my old amp some unique or maybe some tubes was old whit that mode and channel engage ,because it was have some amazing tone quality like very high compressed tone whit some rich overtones. Have you notice same thoughts that channel and mode in real amp ,or is that only me? I remember when JVM did comes ,almost everybody what i know did not like JVM205 version:s. Because that amp did not have that same channel and mode like 410 did have ,there was some unique tone in that channel IMO.

With the 18 firmware, JVM emulation sounds better than before but the original still has more thunk. In fact, comparing only the preamp (Sag off), if you put the gain at the maximum level
(for example with Red mode that has more gain) you can hear a different type of noise between the original preamp and the Axe emulation. The Axe emulation in fact has a noise with more high frequencies so the input drive sure will be a little different, with a different response of the gain and of the compression at the low end.
Therefore, there are still differences, but FAS is achieving great results with G3.
I'm sure that Fractal team will improve this.

Yeah like i did say before those channel:s have huge feedback ,you can not play whit high volumes whit high gain without Noise Gate. And i was put that noise gate very aggressive settings ,to cut tone right away but having still that punch there. And because there was noise gate in those extreme settings ,then i was bring more gain in preamp to get tone cut in that gate. I was notice too that high compressed for JVM OD1 Red ,but that was part of that amp tone and i was like that a lot backing days.

Yes, I owned a 410 and the Red modes (OD1 and OD2) were unplayable. Too compressed, too much hiss and feedback, to much gain. Worthless in a live setting.

Nice info you have there ,i don`t know what secret that OD1 Red Channel in real JVM have. Or was that my old amp some unique or maybe some tubes was old whit that mode and channel engage ,because it was have some amazing tone quality like very high compressed tone whit some rich overtones. Have you notice same thoughts that channel and mode in real amp ,or is that only me? I remember when JVM did comes ,almost everybody what i know did not like JVM205 version:s. Because that amp did not have that same channel and mode like 410 did have ,there was some unique tone in that channel IMO.

Yes it's true, the Jvm has a very punch sound.

Sure there was too much gain if you put gain max ,and you do not use noise gate there in real JVM in those red modes. But one part of that amp tone was me that gate ,to handle feedback and remove hiss but keeping that tone still tight and punch i was push preamp more.

I learned the "Less Gain Is Good For You" lesson about 10 years ago.

I was at a large rock festival. Ozzy with Zakk, Velvet Revolver, Rammstein, Soulfly etc.
Super saturated high gain everywhere.

And who cut through the mix the best, sounded more heavy than the others?
Tom Morello with his 50w Marshall combo (Audioslave).

Sure there was too much gain if you put gain max ,and you do not use noise gate there in real JVM in those red modes. But one part of that amp tone was me that gate ,to handle feedback and remove hiss but keeping that tone still tight and punch i was push preamp more.

Is this only for soloing? Because the palm mutes sound like crap with the Gain at 10 here with the model. And yes it's waaaaaaaayyyy too much gain.

Nice to hear ,good story.

I learned the "Less Gain Is Good For You" lesson about 10 years ago.

I was at a large rock festival. Ozzy with Zakk, Velvet Revolver, Rammstein, Soulfly etc.
Super saturated high gain everywhere.

And who cut through the mix the best, sounded more heavy than the others?
Tom Morello with his 50w Marshall combo (Audioslave).

I agree on the JVM's . I was messing with them yesterday and they are fun as hell and I'm not a marshall guy .

Yeah i have not played Axe FX II JVM:s in this G2 awhile now ,but my first thought was when i was tested those that something is missing here. I did notice Axe:s JCM800 did have more punch and little bit more close like that my real JVM was ,but damn now i was remember that gate was part of that my old JVM tone also. I will give a shot to try whit some gate before amp block to emulate that my old signal chain ,maybe i can get better results then.

And like you did say 3,5 is enough gain for that Axe:s JVM ,i believe what you was say there i was notice also that Axe:s JVM gain stage in this old G2. But crushing that tone whit gate before your guitar is hitting in the amp ,and then raise gain and find sweet spot for gain and when gate is close or open tone to giving that punch and attack. That i need to test whit Axe:s JVM:s soon ,i did forget that was part of that my old JVM tone.

For high gain the orange modes with gain at about 3.5 is really my max.
Red has just too much gain for my taste, if you like it though, go for it!

It was palm muting:s and solos both ,i did not never bypass noise gate whit real JVM. My gate was so high settings sometimes for front and loop also ,but always first in chain front of amp. And it was dead quiet no hiss no feedback nothing extra ,when your gate is so aggressive then you need adjust amp little bit to cut out of that gate. And i say those settings was very very high in gate ,to get my old JVM to be quiet enough. And when that gate was pushing very hard ,then i was give there more bite for gain stage.

Is this only for soloing? Because the palm mutes sound like crap with the Gain at 10 here with the model. And yes it's waaaaaaaayyyy too much gain.

Yeah i have not played Axe FX II JVM:s in this G2 awhile now ,but my first thought was when i was tested those that something is missing here. I did notice Axe:s JCM800 did have more punch and little bit more close like that my real JVM was

I also use often the JCM 800 mod to emulate the JVM OD1 orange, activating the Amp boost and modifying the input amp trim.

Yeah that JCM800 mod you can not go wrong whit Axe FX II ,i remember when i first got Axe i was test all those factory presets. I was scrolling all those preset when i was testing this amazing unit ,and that JCM800 mod stock preset was only preset where i did stop and giving some time. But like we all know what this amazing black magic box can do ,i do not have look behind so amazing tones we can get in this device. Still i must say that JCM800 mod have good settings in stock ,and sounds very nice without any tweaking.

I also use often the JCM 800 mod to emulate the JVM OD1 orange, activating the Amp boost and modifying the input amp trim.

For high gain the orange modes with gain at about 3.5 is really my max.
Red has just too much gain for my taste, if you like it though, go for it!

Agreed, I had a JVM for years, didn't use the red modes because the Orange modes cut through better and had more than enough gain, I didn't go past 10oclock on the gain knob.

Back
Top Bottom