Marshall Crunch

What guitar and pickups you used?
Sounds way too bright and fizzy here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

What guitar and pickups you used?
Sounds way too bright and fizzy here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

My main guitars are a custom shop Les Paul with custom shop PAF's. 60's style pups but a tad overwound. A vintage 70's 335 with stock PAF's. A 70's Strat with Kinman's. An 80's Charvel HH with a vintage DiMarzio SD in the bridge.

All sound good with the preset posted in this thread.

Maybe it's just personal taste? What you are calling fizz... I may be calling hellaciously cool Marshall grind? :)

Naaaa - soundcloud destroyed it...

I didn't mean the guitar sounds phasey, the mix is. Switch to mono and a lot (mainly guitars) just disappears.
I don't think Soundcloud does that, the mix is just spread too far (with widening plug-ins e.g.) and/ or some sounds (doubled guitars) are out of phase.

I didn't mean the guitar sounds phasey, the mix is. Switch to mono and a lot (mainly guitars) just disappears.
I don't think Soundcloud does that, the mix is just spread too far (with widening plug-ins e.g.) and/ or some sounds (doubled guitars) are out of phase.

That's cool. Point taken. Something I'll pay closer attention to that going forward - a good tip for finding phase issues so thanks as I rarely drop anything into mono...

I would also try a variety of cab IR's assuming you're using a cab in the chain somewhere. Here's something I'm currently working on using the Plexi 50 (my new fav) - nothing in front of it and just mild tweaks to the advanced params and a cab IR I spent some time tweaking also. I think it's got lotsa crunch 8) - at least IMO.

Damn that sounds good!

Early 90's Hamer Centaura with BK Nailbombs

Get job man!

Wonder if there are some differences between firmware 13 and 14...
2 Questions:

I'm using 14.02
1. When I open the preset the Bright switch is engaged on the amp.

Is it engaged in your amp?

2. The Reverb Mix level is at 100%.

Is that setting you are using?

Thx

I would also try a variety of cab IR's assuming you're using a cab in the chain somewhere. Here's something I'm currently working on using the Plexi 50 (my new fav) - nothing in front of it and just mild tweaks to the advanced params and a cab IR I spent some time tweaking also. I think it's got lotsa crunch 8) - at least IMO.

Damn nice Kracked!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom