Marshall Amp - Fine Tuning

:tearsofjoy: I'll take that bet. It was the 70's ......man. And he was into his 'dark arts' or whatever, so if he missed that meal, I'm sure there was plenty of blood on hand to drink from his golden chalice, with his tele in the other hand.
Well, following work today after no dinner and 5 hours sleep, if I was about to hit the stage at Madison S.G. for 3 hours I would certainly require some 'assistance' be that supernatural or chemical, and Jimmy had both! Unfortunately I've never got on too well with the sight of blood and lack the constitution for the latter so I'm making do with coffee while I (back on topic) dig further into the Plexi. It looks like the Screaming Plexi 3 preset only has a small bass cut and mid boost with a 1db rise in overall level to compensate, so I'm gonna try out some of the suggestions posted. I haven't yet played with transformer drive or negative feedback with any amp model so I think the Plexi is a good one to start down that path with, as opposed to my high gain presets.
Also, thinking about a wish list idea for a future update; at 8pm Cliff's voice questions from the Axe Fx "have you remembered to eat something?" and at midnight "I'm glad you are enjoying my product so much but get some sleep, you have work in the morning!" Just got to remember to disable announcements when gigging.

Coincidentally I just lost all of this evening to the Screaming Plexi 3 preset and my '92 LP Studio. I've been going through the new banks doing some warm up jamming before going to my usual high gain stuff but tonight got utterly stuck on this one, channeling some mid to late era Zeppelin live vibes. I'm gonna have to do some homework and compare the preset to the default amp settings as I have no idea about dialling in this amp and which of the suggestions posted above might already be implemented in it (the preset). I also remembered that a guitar's volume knob isn't just for turning it 'off' ! Also I never got myself dinner. I bet Mr Page never missed a meal. In the mid 70's he always looked the picture of health.
I think all the Zepp guys probably looked great because of all the sex they were having.

I think all the Zepp guys probably looked great because of all the sex they were having.
Oh yeah, that helps too :cool: I was actually tongue in cheek referring to his period of looking completely strung out and anaemic while also delivering their most epic live marathons. I was only born at the end of the 70's so only got a little taste of whatever they were putting in the water in those days:disappointed:

All the above suggestions have been great I put some to use last night and will try more this evening
Ok so here is my isn’t that sweet statement. Wait for it
We all know the Axe FX III is an awesome piece of gear but it is made soooo much better by the people willing to share their insights and knowledge on this forum, axe exchange and you tube – greatness!
Ok I need a tissue:p

I've got the Austin Buddy 1000+ Live Gold! presets for the Axe FX III and just tried the "May 2021 - Partial Update - Cygnus Firmware - Bank-1-Only"

I must say they are extremely good for all your Marshall AMPs, fine tuned for you! Quite enjoying them all. Specially the Slash's AFD100 Amp.

This may sound very simple, but go into the EQ tab and cut some mids out. I find that once you cut a little of the lower mids the Plexis are much easier to dial in (no that they are hard to begin with). just -2 to -3 really clears things up for me and lets me focus on getting a good tone.

You've just killed the blackmorish flavour of my Marshall 😭 Now I sound like a chugger 😁 ;)

Back
Top Bottom