Marsha BE, OMG!!!! Unbelievable

sarge

Power User
I know we got a thread on 10.0 but I thought this deserved it's own.

OMFG!!!!

I left work early so I could download this update I was so pumped, but I was still shocked when I got to the Marsha BE.

I first got to the shiva clean and I was pretty impressed, liked the shiva dirt, Loved the new Marshal, but the Marsha BE is jaw dropping IMO

I did a double take after a few strums. This is without a doubt my favorite amp model on the ultra. And the new Marshal slays as well!

But my God, the Marsha BE.

I checked out this Youtube posted on the wiki of a real Marsha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9NISyViNBM
If you go to the 2:30 mark he give you settings he is using on the first part of the vid
I put those settings in my ultra and nailed his tone to a tee!

Great job guys, today feels like new amp day. Only instead of getting a single amp, I just added 3 uber expensive amps to my stable of 50+ classic amps.

Man, best choice I made music wise was selling the Mark IV to pick up the. The soundproofing in the "studio" is gone. I get cranked tube amp tones in head phones. I can record at 1 in the morning.

Thanks guys

No, I'm not drunk (yet). Just love the new amps! I'll be jamming all night!

So far playing with the new release...i have to agree on everything! Installed 10.0 this afternoon and has only a couple hours play with it. I 'thought' i had my tone dialed in (hi-gain built around the 5150 sim with redwirez IR's). To be perfectly honest, i wasn't really that bothered about the new amp/drive sims, i was more interested in the updated presence modelling....until i turned on the new Marsha sims! :shock: now its my new goto amp sim for high gain :) nice and saturated but still plenty of mid-bite. Not as scooped as the 5150, Uber sim (which i also love the reworked version). I watched a youtube vid with Pete Thorn demoing a Marsha and it sounded REALLY close to what i was getting. So far so good :D

I was waitin one this one myself. At first I could not get it right but your tip on watchin the video did it.Thank you. I had the master 2 high and the drive 2 low. Now all is well and I love the tight punchy sound.OW! Been using the Soldano for that mid bite but I am really liking this one.
T

I'd never even heard of a Marsha until this firmware update, now the BE and HBE may be my favorite models in the Axe. They are un-friggin-believable. The Shiva is dang good too. Man I love this box, thanks Cliff! :D

I also have never played nor heard the Marsha before. But it sure as hell slays!

But man, the guys did a great job on this release. I think it will be hard to top themselves next release.

You can get some killer organic tones with it dropping the gain a bit and cranking the master. Not tight metal stuff when you do that but a real tube amp feel to it.

I sit here and can't believe all the soundproofing crap I built and how this room you to be full of nothing but wooden frame with corning 703 covered in duck cloth. Freaking everywhere. NOw it is spotless. I sold all that crap a couple weeks ago. I can finally walk around in here.

And I never got the quality recording that I get now just going straight into my tascam. I am a relative Axe FX newbie, owned it now a month and a half, and I am telling you I could not be happier with this thing!

I've got to say, I'd never heard of Marsha before reading about the 10.00 update, and didn't really care one way or another about it being a new amp in this firmware... but then I played it. Wow.

The Marsha amp sims sound fantastic, they really do.

i dont think i have dialled in a great tone so fast before - that was so easy!

I found that this sim seems to be a lot sensitive to the stereo enhancer for some reason. there seems to be a bit of modulation going on when i use it, which i have never noticed in my other presets. i generally use the 35% width (approx 7ms separation). turning the width down helps, but I find that i just need to turn enhancer off altogether to enjoy the distortion - mbe there is a magic width value in ther somewhere.............

Feakin' awesome.

I got around to upgrading to v10 today and dialled in the Marsha BE... blown away! What a lively little monster!

:eek:

I am not a big high gain guy but the Marsha models are works of art.

If you think it is cool now, stick a Univibe before the amp block!

I just cruised through the new amps very quickly and settled on the HBE for about 15 minutes. (Would've been 15 hours if I could convince my family that Father's Day is about letting Dad do whatever he wants all weekend long! ;) )

Anyway, I think I'm in love with all these new models. I cranked the master all the way up on the HBE and it is simply ridiculous. I had the same reaction as when I first bought my Ultra over 2 years ago....I actually started laughing out loud. It's that freakin' amazing! A million thanks, Cliff. You've somehow managed to out-do yourself yet again!

Back to devising an evil plan to get more free play time this weekend.... :twisted:

It took me a few minutes to catch on, but the Marsha BE is the most dynamic high gain model I've ever played. I didn't know what I was missing. I don't even have to touch the volume knob anymore. :eek: :shock: :D

The thread title is spot on.

Just got another 15 minutes...this time with the BE model. Holy ^#*%$*&*!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

To say it's dynamic is the understatement of the year. Everything from clean to mean to chunk to twang....all with only the guitar volume, pickups, and playing dynamics. Totally outstanding!

I'm totally blown away by the HBE! I paired it up with the 4x12 V30 cab and got a fantastic fat sound without tweaking a single setting!!! After turning down the treble just a smidge, it's my new lead sound, for sure. Put a little chorus and delay behind it, and be prepared to be blown away by the biggest, crunchiest, most detailed lead sound you've probably ever had command of. Nice job, Cliff!

I was very, very close to buying a Marsha just a couple of weeks before I discovered the AFX.

And now it's here! This model is simply outstandind! Just like all the Marsha-clips I listened too a year ago.

I have it set up with gain at 7-8 and all other controls default. I pair it up with a H75 cab and a V30 with drive on 6.

Smoooooth, brutal, bite, clarity and love :)

The Marsha BE is the bombdiggity. :cool: Great work, Cliff. (and Dave Friedman)

Here is a patch that I just can't get enough of. For some early Van Halen, engage the phaser. Also, you will need to add a cab of your choice. I am running into two Mesa 2x12's with v30's with awesomesauce results.

Attachments

• No Boost Marsha.rar
    425 bytes · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom