Marsha BE, OMG!!!! Unbelievable

biggness said:
Here is a patch that I just can't get enough of. For some early Van Halen, engage the phaser. Also, you will need to add a cab of your choice. I am running into two Mesa 2x12's with v30's with awesomesauce results.

I like it!

Thanks for sharing

ElectricPhase said:
It took me a few minutes to catch on, but the Marsha BE is the most dynamic high gain model I've ever played. I didn't know what I was missing. I don't even have to touch the volume knob anymore. :eek: :shock: :D
I was playing a double stop lick and could control how much gain it had by how hard I plucked the strings with my fingers, awesome! :eek: The BE and HBE models have so much win in them its not even funny! I also really liked the reworked uber model. It sounds massive!

The new presence has really made a lot of amps sims come to life. These new additions alone are worth the price of admission for the Axe-Fx, but you get so much more. All hail Cliff, king of the tone age!

Soundclip please :?

One of the first to download the update, but still haven´t had a chance to install/try it :cry:

Super easy to dial in incredible tones with this one.

I took the Studio Lead patch and added the new Marsha BE, dialed in the Tone Merchant YT demo settings (1st set) exactly, except set the Master to 3:00 o'clock.

WOW! The best dynamic tone's so far from my Ultra using my G&L Legacy Special, SLA2, and Randall 4X12 stereo cab - (Axe amp sims ON, Cab sims OFF). Guitar volume control adjustments make huge differences in flavor.

Thanks again Cliff!

anyone played through the new firmware into a power amp and guitar cabs? wanting to hear if people are liking through a live traditional type setup instead of direct recording.

drneely said:
anyone played through the new firmware into a power amp and guitar cabs? wanting to hear if people are liking through a live traditional type setup instead of direct recording.
I run the Axe-Fx into an old Tube Works Mosvalve 942 (500 watts) and from that into a Lee Jackson Ampeg 4X12 cab loaded with G12T-75's. The Marsha sims are pure bliss.

So far, I'm loving the Marsha BE & HBE. I'm sending it through a Carvin DCM150 into a Mesa 2x12 recto cab. Sounds crazy good.

I must concur... I got to play marsha not too awhile ago and this model has that same balls when running through my rig. Insane amp. Insane model of an amp. Good job Cliff.

Had a bit of a meh day with 10.01

I love the new presence, but Im just not a Marshall guy. Ive never really like the real amps (had a couple), and never like Marshall Sims on ANY modeller. i dont use the Marshall amps in the Axe except the JM45 for a Tele on occasion.

For me then, the Marsha modells and the 74 reissue were a bit of a dissapointing. I was hoping for a couple of "different" models rather than MORE of the same Marshall esc tones.

However the Shiva REALLY makes up for the others. The clean is stuning. ive got a couple of nice warm clean p[atches using the Dr Z or Delux Verb - but struggled for an open ringing clean that doesnt get harsh. The Shiva clean with the master wound, and gain quite high is PERFECT. Add some gain boost and it gets really bluesy - just enough cut at the top without getting too brittle. Nice and open with tight bass.

The gain side isnt quite as nice to me. I still prefere the Buttery model, but its really good for some applications. Smoother mids than the Buttery and thicker - but still with cut. Im gonna have to really dig into that one - it could become really usefull.

Im gonna use both the Shiva modela a lot me thinks.

Back
Top Bottom