Marco Sfogli's Mark V Tone?

I saw that clip on the weekend and thought to myself i wonder why he isn't using his axe-fx for this, seems like it would be perfect for this kind of setting.
Anyway I had a little play with the Axe2's Mark emulations afterward and was surprised that one of them sounded very very close without any tweaking (very mid heavy and thick).....my playing on the other hand could not do the tone justice.

I'm a big fan of Marco. No doubt he has great tone and technique in everything he does. Is it just me though... on this vid recording, doesn't his playing sound extremely Andy Timmons-ish? I never noticed that about him in the past.

I'm a big fan of Marco. No doubt he has great tone and technique in everything he does. Is it just me though... on this vid recording, doesn't his playing sound extremely Andy Timmons-ish? I never noticed that about him in the past.

That's what I thought too! Great all the same!

well I have that guitar, and its awesome, amazing for the price, one of my fav's and pickups are good stock!

InsideOut said:

He definitely has a huge Andy influence and vibe, but at the risk of sounding blasphemous, I think Marco is a bit more technically proficient at this point.

That to me is the IDEAL guitar tone. Lots of bite, warm, clear, creamy, and the perfect amount of crunch! I haven't been able to find our build a patch for my Axe-FX Standard that even comes close.

Marco is brilliant by the way.

Check out "Spread the disease" from his solo album, There´s Hope. VERY Timmons. One of his Rash guitars is Mahogany with Cruisers and a D-sonic.

He ´s got killer sounds from both rig and fingers...

Check out "Spread the disease" from his solo album, There´s Hope. VERY Timmons. One of his Rash guitars is Mahogany with Cruisers and a D-sonic.

He ´s got killer sounds from both rig and fingers...

i thought that song was very Vai-ish. i'm a fan of Marco,i think his playing is a mixed of Timmons and Petrucci.

I am in Dallas. Timmons offers a few lessons out of a place called Gutar Sanctuary in Frisco TX a few day when available. I'd love to take my Axe II and set a few sounds with him... Keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom