Mama's back ... again (AE 3.x): The Mother Of All Pedal and Effect Emulations thread

Here are some Boss DS-1 emulation blocks I made from prometh's posted settings.

Theres your standard Boss DS-1 then the two Keeley switch mods.
Each Keeley Mod drive block requires the associated filter block in front of it. Enjoy.

Filter Block - View attachment Boss DS-1 Keeley SEM mode_20140111_160817.blk
Filter Block - View attachment Boss DS-1 Keeley ULTRA SEM mode_20140111_160839.blk

Drive Block - View attachment Boss DS-1 Keeley SEM Mode_20140111_161014.blk
Drive Block - View attachment Boss DS-1 Keeley ULTRA SEM Mode_20140111_161102.blk
Drive Block - View attachment Boss DS-1_20140111_160631.blk

i was wondering how to incorporate these files. and of course YEK and co have even put time into even more resources for us all.
go here ?
MANY MANY MANY MANY thanks YEK and all those contributing to this thread.
Im pretty sure I could spend and entire weekend trying things out and still not have enough time.

Last edited:
Anyone got a shimmer reverb block? I am a noob with dialing effects

Takes two blocks. Run them in parallel with your dry signal as seen on the top row here:

shimmery-rambler.png

Attachments

• Shimmer Parallel Delay.blk
    461 bytes · Views: 178
  • Shimmer Parallel Reverb.blk
    321 bytes · Views: 170
Anybody try a Klon Centaur?

I did on Sunday. Through an old Vibro-King. To be honest, I found it incredibly over-rated and would never buy one in a million years at that price. Even if it were around the normal boutique pedal price of £150. Even the owner said it was really overrated. Personally, I tried at £28 overdrive at a jam the night before through a Vibro-King and it did a much better job.

And if you did want a Klon - go and get a Klone copy (plenty of them around in various guises). They are dead on replicas for sound. I prefer them through a slightly darker amp at reasonable volume.

Check out the man with the humbuggies and white coily cable....Mr Gearmanndude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne9tIUeyxSk

Last edited:
Thanks Yek! This is awesome. How awesome that someone else does all the work and I get to just click…….way awesome. Thank you!

Once upon a time, dear people, there was the The Mother-of-all-pedal-and-effects-emulations thread. An initiative to share real-world pedal and effects emulations on the Axe-Fx Standard and Ultra.
Then there was the follow-up for Axe-Fx II: Mama's back.

The current version of Axe-Edit 3.x doesn't allow importing blocks from those threads.
Also, you can't import individual effect blocks into Axe-Change yet.

So in the meantime, here it is: Mama's back ... again: The Mother Of All Pedal and Effect Emulations thread.

The old rules still apply:

1. For Axe-Fx II only. Requires Axe-Edit 3.02 or later.
  2. List the parameter values in your post, or attach a .BLK file. BLK files are saved individual effect blocks, from AE's Block Library. To save or load: in Axe-Edit 3.02 and later right-click on a block, select Library > Save or Recall. To be able to recall a saved block, BLK files must reside in \Documents\Fractal Audio\AxeEdit\Blocks\(subfolder). AE automatically moves BLK files in (...)\Blocks to the correct subfolder.
  3. Keep it simple: preferable single effect blocks. If necessary accompanied by a Controllers block if the effect depends on - for example - specific Envelope settings.
  4. Try not to go wild. Keep it to proven emulations, not the "I-think-I-have-captured-Eric-Johnson's-tone-using-the-Metal-Zone" result from late last night.
  5. Keep it to emulated pedals, stuff like studio reverbs etc.
  6. Use a separate post for each effect.
  7. Describe:
    • if it's mono or stereo
    • if it should before of after Amp/Cab
    • if it's in series or parallel
    • if it uses a modifier
    • the firmware version.
  8. Name the source if you copied the effect from someone.
P.S. Don't forget Javajunkie's excellent effect emulations:
Fractal Audio Systems Forum - Recent Blogs Posts - Blogs

Hi Yek! one question about the old thread for the ultra

Are the Attachments still are available for download? ...hope so to try them with my ultra :D

Fulltone OCD drive block. Settings were ported from the block in the previous Mama threads.
(Originally this block came from Voes, who made a series of youtube vids with
many different drive pedal emulations.)
Placement is series before amp offcourse.

Edit: FW 12.03(beta 4)

I have GOT to try this!
This would be my first time downloading any blocks, or anything for that matter, for my Axe II XL, I'm on FW 14.xx, will I have compatibility issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,

does anyone know if it's possible to emulate Electro Harmonix's h.o.g.? The freez-gliss effect would be amazing to have in the Axe Fx...

Anyone get the Satisfaction riff sound using the Master Fuzz (and I assume, into a Tweed amp)?

Thanks.

Hi there!!!i can't import either the blk files or the syx files in to the axe edit, how I can hear the sounds and save them?? Have any ideas please?

Hi there!!!i can't import either the blk files or the syx files in to the axe edit, how I can hear the sounds and save them?? Have any ideas please?

Copy the block file into to effects folder on your hard drive in your laptop/pc.

Local Disk C:/Users/'Your Name'/Documents/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/Blocks

The effect will be in the Axe Edit when you select the Reverb block.

Back
Top Bottom