Mama I'm Coming Home Solo

romanianreaper

Power User
I'm no Zakk Wylde, and don't really consider myself much of a lead player but just messing around with the solo in this song. I think I used the Splawn Quickrod 2 for this one.

Good job. I dont think many ppl realize how much hand strength it takes to play Zacks style. Slashes style too. Lots of fast bends in some of the licks.
I hear the reverb and delay at the end of the solo, but seems like it could be wetter. More Chorus in his sound. He uses it like Eddie uses a Phaser.
Just my two cents.

Thanks guys for the listen!! Yeah, I agree I could have made it a bit more wet and added a bit of chorus. I was surprised how simple the solo is but just kicks ass. I don't normally sit and learn a solo, mostly because I don't have the patience, but this one surprised me.

I agree on the chorus never being off with a lot of his stuff..... One of the other essentials is his overdrive tone. I have played this one live and use the MXR ZW44 OD pedal.....that thing screams! I actually have two of these pedals for different rigs I use....because it was a very addictive "feel" that I got used to.

Try using the TS808 mod block ....and that should give you some more bite when pinching and bending those notes ;)

Nicely done!

I agree on the chorus never being off with a lot of his stuff..... One of the other essentials is his overdrive tone. I have played this one live and use the MXR ZW44 OD pedal.....that thing screams! I actually have two of these pedals for different rigs I use....because it was a very addictive "feel" that I got used to.

Try using the TS808 mod block ....and that should give you some more bite when pinching and bending those notes ;)

Nicely done!

Good tip about the TS808! I'd jack that solo up if I played it live. That's what I like about recordings. I can screw up over and over and just keep the one take. :)

Thanks for listening!

Back
Top Bottom