Malmsteen Sound

Such a huge part of that tone is that stacked humbucker-Strat tone, after that it's a boosted Plexi and you'll be in the ballpark. I don't think it's going to be easy to pull off without that first main ingredient though, however it's achieved.

This dude is great!

Looks like he's using and axe fx 2 going through a jcm 900? you can see the axe fx 2 on the right and the power is on on the jcm 900.

this is what his you tube post says. maybe you can e mail him to find out.
Fractal Audio Systems Yngwie Style Preset Pack Send me an email Zarroop@gmail.com
Not for Axe3..I have one of his for Axe2. I updated with fracpad but sounds like sh..t.....not close at all 2 what we hear here.
...and yeah ...this dude's a monster...I believe the scarf it's his secret ingredient

Last edited:
I did buy his Yngwie Malmsten preset pack on March 2019, for $10. I forgot them after trying them the first day. Now I have updated them to Cygnus, and I have asked if he has an updated version

It contains 3 presets and 3 CABs. There are versions for Ax8, Axe-FX II and Axe-FXIII:
  • Magnum Opus (Plus Distortion with Drive at 3, Tone at 7, output at 10 + 1987X Treble with Drive at 10, Input Trim at 4.8, Bass at 2, Mid and Treb slightly increased, some adjustments at Output EQ)
  • Perpetual Flame ( idem + idem)
  • Rising Force ( idem + 1987X Jumped with both Drives at 10, bass at 2)

They are noisy as hell

Last edited:
I did buy his Yngwie Malmsten preset pack on March 2019, for $10. I forgot them after trying them the first day. Now I have updated them to Cygnus, and I have asked if he has an updated version

It contains 3 presets and 3 CABs. There are versions for Ax8, Axe-FX II and Axe-FXIII:
  • Magnum Opus (Plus Distortion with Drive at 3, Tone at 7, output at 10 + 1987X Treble with Drive at 10, Input Trim at 4.8, Bass at 2, Mid and Treb slightly increased, some adjustments at Output EQ)
  • Perpetual Flame ( idem + idem)
  • Rising Force ( idem + 1987X Jumped with both Drives at 10, bass at 2)

They are noisy as hell
So how do they sound...close to what we hear on youtube ?..or?

So how do they sound...close to what we hear on youtube ?..or?

Not close. They are very difficult to handle due to the noise level. The CABs at the first two presets are quite nasal, the third one is better. He has replied saying that he is going to release Version 2.0 of these presets

This is how he actually gets that tone at his videos. TMiranda M800 amp, TMiranda loadbox, TCR YJM308 overdrive, delay and reverb from Guitar Rig 5, and a Plugin IR loader with 4x12 Marshall G12T75:

BTW: anyone has a MIDI file for "Amadeus 4 Valvole"? I couldn't find anything (except the guitar parts for Guitar Pro), so I've started creating my own. I already have some drums and bass, but I have difficulty adding the strings. If anyone wants to collaborate, I will share the file. I have synced the MIDI file with the original audio, for easy reference (the original is at exact 155 bpm all along)

Last edited:
Not close. They are very difficult to handle due to the noise level. The CABs at the first two presets are quite nasal, the third one is better. Cesario has replied saying that he is going to release Version 2.0 of these presets

This is how he actually gets that tone at his videos. TMiranda M800 amp, TMiranda loadbox, TCR YJM308 overdrive, delay and reverb from Guitar Rig 5, and a Plugin IR loader with 4x12 Marshall G12T75:

BTW: anyone has a MIDI file for "Amadeus 4 Valvole"? I couldn't find anything (except the guitar parts for Guitar Pro), so I've started creating my own. I already have some drums and bass, but I have difficulty adding the strings. If anyone wants to collaborate, I will share the file. I have synced the MIDI file with the original audio, for easy reference (the original is at exact 155 bpm all along)

This guy has some stuff...check his channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpY3Vg22FPusnNzdZaaNolQ

BTW, I forgot to mention one important detail:

I believe these presets are created with the Axe-FX II and then converted to Axe-FX III with Frac-Tool. That is easy to spot because the I/O blocks are not aligned with the rest of the blocks, as it happens when you convert with Frac-Tool. That is probably the reason why they do not sound well. There are several things at the Axe-FX III that shall be tweaked different than at the Axe-FX II

Last edited:
It's curious to see some people saying wrong things here.
All my presets work great on Ax Fx 3, Fm3 etc... I've tested it on both.
Obviously, depending on the type of pickup you use, you'll need to make some adjustments for gain, noise gate, eq...

I'm going to list some videos where I just used the Ax Fx, without adding an amp, pedal or anything.

Obviously, depending on the type of pickup you use, you'll need to make some adjustments for gain, noise gate, eq...

I'm going to list some videos where I just used the Ax Fx, without adding an amp, pedal or anything.

Thank yoy for joining the forum. That sounds great!! Do you have some recording played with the Axe-FX III?

The presets that I purchased from you two years ago definitively are not OK at the Axe-FX III with Cygnus 16.05 Firmware. They do not sound well. That is normal with old presets, since the firmware revisions have changed a lot.

Do you have a Cygnus revised version of your Axe-FX III presets? Will you offer an upgrade to the existing customers?

Last edited:
Thank yoy for joining the forum. That sounds great!! Do you have some recording played with the Axe-FX III?

The presets that I purchased from you two years ago definitively are not OK at the Axe-FX III with Cygnus 16.05 Firmware. That is normal with old presets, since the firmware revisions have changed a lot.

Do you have a Cygnus revised version of your Axe-FX III presets? Will you offer an upgrade to the existing customers?

Hoping @Cesário Filho will respond, here, in regards to the Cygnus firmware revision and compatibility.

Back
Top Bottom