Making an Effect Stay on When Changing Scenes??

manatarms

Maybe this is in the documentation but I didn't find it. I use scenes in my main gig preset. I can switch to all 8 scenes to get the variety of tones I need for our set. We tune a 1/2 step down, but there are a few songs that we do in standard tuning. In the past I would use a capo, but with the new Pitch block I'd like to use that to change the pitch up a 1/2 step. Currently if I'm on a scene and have that effect on and switch to another scene, the pitch block will shut off. None of my scenes have the pitch block on by default. So I'm wondering if I have my pitch block on and switch to say my lead scene, is there a way to keep that on for all scenes until I manually click it off?

Hope that makes sense.

IIRC, each scene must have a pitch block within it and the bypass or block control modifier set ON, so that the block is active when switching scenes.

The effect obviously won't remain on in scenes that does not contain a pitch block, but you know that. The pitch block also won't stay active when the bypass is engaged or a control modifier is set to Bypass. Just the sure that each pitch block is not bypassed when switching scenes.

If you need to switch the pitch block off, you'd need to do so via either an effects layout switch or a control switch modifier. Otherwise, if you need the pitch block to stay active, the blocks must remain ON when switching between scenes.

Power Users may have an alternate solution for you. You might need to step back and see the bigger picture. But making sure the PITCH block remains non-bypassed between scenes is important.

Last edited:
IIRC, each scene must have a pitch block within it and the bypass or block control modifier set ON, so that the block is active when switching scenes.

The effect obviously won't remain on in scenes that does not contain a pitch block, but you know that.

You can’t have a scene that doesn’t contain a block. The blocks in the layout are the same for every scene in that preset. The scene controls on/off status and the Channel for each block.

Last edited:
You can’t have a scene that doesn’t contain a block. The blocks in the layout are the same for every scene in that preset. The scene controls on/off status and the Channel for each block.
Yessir.

Was just reiterating an obvious point so the OP doesn't make the same mistake (I've made) more than once. One could waste a lot of time trying to review how things could be better, when all the OP needs to do is brush up on current FM9 technique. My hope was that the OP already knew that each scene would need the same blocks (either active or inactive) that would solve his problem.

Yet, from reading the original post, it seemed that the OP did not understand this, or his pitch blocks were saved as bypassed prior to switching scenes. Hope we got it straightened out for him.

Yessir.

Was just reiterating an obvious point so the OP doesn't make the same mistake (I've made) more than once. One could waste a lot of time trying to review how things could be better, when all the OP needs to do is brush up on current FM9 technique. My hope was that the OP already knew that each scene would need the same blocks (either active or inactive) that would solve his problem.

Yet, from reading the original post, it seemed that the OP did not understand this, or his pitch blocks were saved as bypassed prior to switching scenes. Hope we got it straightened out for him.
Thanks. I did know about the blocks. I haven't had a chance to implement anything yet. Been swamped with work. I'll give it a try this weekend. Thanks everyone for all the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom