Mac OSX Driver?

Hi all,

Sorry you're having trouble.

This message means you're using an incompatible version of OS X or a Mac which doesn't meet the minimum hardware requirements.

Driver requirements are:

- OS X: 10.7.4 or later
- Intel Processor
- 512MB minimum RAM
- USB 2.0 Support required

ADMIN - in the Axe-Fx II manual, it clearly says the min Mac requirements are 10.4/.5 or later with other reqs noted above. I am on 10.5.8, Axe-Edit works fine - yet I CANNOT DOWNLOAD the Mac OSX USB Driver that is being hosted on the Fractal site. I get that same message stated above about 'nothing to install' at end of attempted install. What gives? Is the printed manual wrong? How do I install the drivers to connect my Mac / DAW to the Axe 2?

The manual says on page 12:

Mac Minimum Requirements:
OS X: 10.7.4 or later (Note: Many Axe-Fx II owners achieve satisfactory results with 10.5.7 or later). CPU: Intel Processor
Memory: 512MB minimum
USB 2.0 Support required

The manual says on page 12:

Mac Minimum Requirements:
OS X: 10.7.4 or later (Note: Many Axe-Fx II owners achieve satisfactory results with 10.5.7 or later). CPU: Intel Processor
Memory: 512MB minimum
USB 2.0 Support required

Not if you have an older manual. It was changed to OSX.7.4 & Intel only in Dec of 2011. They never did have a release that worked on PPC Macs even though they said they supported it all through the pre release build up for the Axe II & the early versions of the manual (of which I have one). This is one area where Fractal totally fell flat on their face as far as customer support & they pretty much just quietly swept it under the rug. I'm still waiting on a response from tech support on this issue for many emails I sent last year LOL!!

Back
Top Bottom