Mac OSX Driver?

jshirkey

Experienced
I downloaded the Mac OSX USB driver, but when I tried to install it, I'm getting an error that states: "The installer could not install the software because there was no software found to install."

Any idea what's up?

Thanks.

10.6 here... I had to try to install a couple of times, but it worked out fine. Assuming the download was completed properly, have you attempted hooking up via Axe-Edit? USB drivers operating correctly? Silly questions, sorry. I wish I could be of more help.

10.6 here... I had to try to install a couple of times, but it worked out fine. Assuming the download was completed properly, have you attempted hooking up via Axe-Edit? USB drivers operating correctly? Silly questions, sorry. I wish I could be of more help.

Axe Edit definitely isn't working. Status says "not connected", and I'm sure it's because I was unable to d/l and install the Mac OSX driver. I've tried downloading the file several times from the FAS site, but no luck.

I'm messing around with SysEx Lib now to see if I can backup some presets, but I can't tell if it's working or not. Files are transferring, but when they arrive in SysEx land, they are untitled, and have no other descriptive info. aside from the file size. I did a full Bank dump, too, and it took several minutes, as expected, but I'm not sure if I actually achieved the desired result.

I'm definitely going to hold off on trying to upload new FW until I get all this sorted out. I'd much rather do it with Axe Edit.

Thanks.

News travels slow. I wish Fractal would post a big notice on their home screen or have a pop-up window when you log into the forum, that you have to read before you can get into the forum "AXE EDIT DOES NOT WORK WITH FIRMWARE 8.xx" If you install 8.0 or 8.01a or whatever, Axe-Edit is going to quit working properly.

There are so many forum boxes, threads, and places to post new topics, that guy's are logging in to report their frustrations about it not working, and there are 150 posts in other places on the forum, such as this - telling people that Axe-Edit does not work with 8.0 or higher.

Fractal is working on a new Axe-Edit update (or so it's been said). Until then, use the front panel. I learned, out of necessity, and it is so easy, it's easier than Axe Edit, as long as you have your effects chain established.

Good luck and keep rockin'

News travels slow. I wish Fractal would post a big notice on their home screen or have a pop-up window when you log into the forum, that you have to read before you can get into the forum "AXE EDIT DOES NOT WORK WITH FIRMWARE 8.xx" If you install 8.0 or 8.01a or whatever, Axe-Edit is going to quit working properly.

There are so many forum boxes, threads, and places to post new topics, that guy's are logging in to report their frustrations about it not working, and there are 150 posts in other places on the forum, such as this - telling people that Axe-Edit does not work with 8.0 or higher.

Fractal is working on a new Axe-Edit update (or so it's been said). Until then, use the front panel. I learned, out of necessity, and it is so easy, it's easier than Axe Edit, as long as you have your effects chain established.

Good luck and keep rockin'

Man,I'm on FW6.0.

The issue isn't whether or not Axe Edit is working with 8.01. The issue is how to download the Mac OSX Driver so that guys like me can use Axe Edit with earlier FW versions.

Thanks for letting me know that Axe Edit isn't yet ready for action with 8.01, but first I need to get that FW on my machine.

Last edited:
I have installed Axe Edit and it opens up how ever I have not tried to connect with the Axe yet. I was trying to load the OSX driver and am seeing the same error message. Another thing is my Axe came with 8.0 on it so it's not a firm wear up grade for me if that makes any difference.

I have installed Axe Edit and it opens up how ever I have not tried to connect with the Axe yet. I was trying to load the OSX driver and am seeing the same error message.

I emailed support this morning, so I'll let you know what they say.

I can launch Axe Edit on my Mac, but I get a "not connected" message. I'm sure I just need the driver.

AXE-FX II
FW Version: 8.01

Hmm.
No issues with AXE-Edit here so far. It even runs along side Reaper with no problems on my MacBook Pro.

If it helps, I don't know what I'm doing. Ok, nevermind. ;)

Right now I'm just using Axe Edit to load patches downloaded from Axe Change, but no connection issues here. Running FW 8.0 (haven't had a chance to update yet) and OS X 10.7.4.

This might be a dumb question, but it took me forever to figure it out the first time I used Axe Edit on my Mac, but under settings, you did set MIDI in and out to the Axe FX right?

Hi all,

Sorry you're having trouble.

This message means you're using an incompatible version of OS X or a Mac which doesn't meet the minimum hardware requirements.

Driver requirements are:

- OS X: 10.7.4 or later
- Intel Processor
- 512MB minimum RAM
- USB 2.0 Support required

I didn't plan on updating my Mac OS to 10.6 or 10.7 because I didn't want to risk other applications I rely on having problems. And, of course, there's also the expense.

So, I can't use Axe Edit with my Axe. That means I'll need to use SysEx Librarian instead. I'm monkeyed around with it last night, and I think I was able to dump a couple presets from my Axe, as well as Bank A, but the sysex files all said "untitled" in my SysEx library. That made me wonder if things didn't work properly.

Anyway, is there a tutorial anywhere for how to use SysEx Librarian with the Axe II?

Thanks,

Jeff

I didn't plan on updating my Mac OS to 10.6 or 10.7 because I didn't want to risk other applications I rely on having problems. And, of course, there's also the expense.

So, I can't use Axe Edit with my Axe. That means I'll need to use SysEx Librarian instead. I'm monkeyed around with it last night, and I think I was able to dump a couple presets from my Axe, as well as Bank A, but the sysex files all said "untitled" in my SysEx library. That made me wonder if things didn't work properly.

Anyway, is there a tutorial anywhere for how to use SysEx Librarian with the Axe II?

Thanks,

Jeff

Just make a new partition or add a hard drive that has 10.7.4. Hard drives are cheap!

AXE-FX II
FW Version: 8.01

Hmm.
No issues with AXE-Edit here so far. It even runs along side Reaper with no problems on my MacBook Pro.

If it helps, I don't know what I'm doing. Ok, nevermind. ;)

I have the same configuration, everything works flawlessly. I've read so much bad things about 10.7 that I will stop upgrade my Mac OSX...
10.6.8 works also great with Logic Pro. Even with Axe-edit open. Nice to play with both without hassle.

I'm on 10.5.8, but I am willing to go to 10.6.x (Snow Leopard, right?), which, according to other users, does work with Axe Edit.

Only trouble is, I don't see where I can purchase 10.6, since Apple is now up to 10.8.x. Can anyone help a brother out?? :)

Thank you.

Hm. Axe Edit might work with an older version of it in SL. I had it on SL, but one of the reasons I upgraded to Lion was because of AE, and a few other items.

Hm. Axe Edit might work with an older version of it in SL. I had it on SL, but one of the reasons I upgraded to Lion was because of AE, and a few other items.

I can't update to Lion on my MBP because I need to use an app to configure presets on my Switchblade that does not run on Lion--and probably never will, unfortunately. That brings me back to the idea suggested above, which is to get an external drive that is loaded with Lion (that's 10.7, right? not 10.8. Why the hell does Apple have to name each of these OSs after a cat??)

Back
Top Bottom