Mac OS X Mountain Lion bug.

oacikgoz

Inspired
To my surprise, after upgrading the OS, both Axe-Edit and Logic Pro stopped working for me.

I upgraded the Axe-FX 2 drivers to the most recent version. I can use Axe-Fx as a sound card, but Axe-Edit does not want to recognize the device. I tried to upgrade the firmware. Axe-Edit said Axe-Fx is not plugged in, I clicked send the file anyway (with Axe-Fx 2 in receive mode) just to check. To my surprise, the transfer started but it was extremely slow (more than 100 times the time it takes usually.) and I cancelled it.

Anybody knows what's going on with Mountain Lion? This is really annoying I can't even do recordings anymore.

Oh also, Axe-Edit freezes when I try to go into MIDI settings.

Thanks in advance.

It works fine for me on mountain lion. Did you do a fresh install or an upgrade? It might help to delete all of the config files in axe edit and try again to access the midi menu

It works fine for me on mountain lion. Did you do a fresh install or an upgrade? It might help to delete all of the config files in axe edit and try again to access the midi menu

Actually I highly doubt the issue is with Axe-Edit. I think this is a driver issue since Logic also fails to recognize axe-fx.

I already had the driver for my mac and axe edit installed and updated to mountain lion with no problems.but I think I'm running last years driver ,not the beta

I already had the driver for my mac and axe edit installed and updated to mountain lion with no problems.but I think I'm running last years driver ,not the beta

+1. I did a fresh install and just downloaded the drive from the Fractal Website. I know there's a beta driver floating around on the forum somewhere, but I didn't bother trying to locate it.

See the second post in that thread for the solution.

Cliff:

Despite all my attempts, I couldn't get Axe-Edit to work properly on Mountain Lion. Good news is that Logic works fine. I believe the problem is with the midi connection (thru USB of course).

I tried deleting all config files, USB driver and reinstalling both Axe-Edit and the USB driver. The problem is still there. Axe-Edit says Axe-Fx 2 is not connected and it locks up when I go to MIDI settings. (I can go into MIDI settings if Axe-FX 2 is turned off)

Back
Top Bottom