M-Audio Midisport Uno + Axe Ultra = doesn't work

andrecichellero

Hi to everyone! I post this as a comment to an old threat (2011), but probably it'll be more visibile here.

I bought the Midisport Uno, to run my Axe Fx Ultra. I have a MacBook Pro 15" (mid-2012) with OS X El Capitan (10.11.2). All the drivers needed are installed.
I wanted to install the Uno, so I put the cd, but at some point appears this error:

"The file "/Volumes/M-Audio USB MIDI Support 3.2.2/M-Audio USB MIDI Support.pkg" cannot be opened (-43)."

All the drivers are ok, I verified all of them with Disk Utility. I try the installation with and without the Midisport Uno plugged into my macbook.
With Audio/Midi in Utility I found that the computer recognize the Uno... So I started Axe Edit, went to settings>Audio/midi settings, set the the Uno as Midi Input and Midi Output, but the status remain "Not Connected".

My Axe midi setting (I/O > MIDI) are:
-midi Channel OMNI
-prog change ON
-mapping mode NONE
-map from 0
-map to 0
-sysex id 00 01 74
-display offset 1
-ignore redundant pc OFF
-send realtime sysex ALL
-midi pc offset 0

Here some image of what I'm talking about..

Studio MIDI (in Utility>Audio/MIDI):
Schermata 2016-01-02 alle 12.52.48.png

The Audio/MIDI Settings of AxeEdit:
Schermata 2016-01-02 alle 12.52.31.png

If I click Install it'll show "The file "/Volumes/M-Audio USB MIDI Support 3.2.2/M-Audio USB MIDI Support.pkg" cannot be opened (-43)"
Schermata 2016-01-01 alle 23.06.08.png

What I have to do?

I do not have a Mac and I have not used the edit or my ultra in some time but at first I used to have trouble plugging the cables in correctly, I think the uno input has to be plugged into output and the output plugged to the input. I do not think I installed any uno driver to make it work. I have to o to work shortly but if you do not get it I will fire it up this evening and see if I can help.

Get a different MIDI interface - the Uno is known to give problems

I used the M-Audio 2x2 when I had the Ultra - it worked fine on both Mac and Windows

From the Ultra wiki:

NOTE: Some combinations of computer and MIDI adapter are known to cause problems. The M-Audio UNO in particular is problematic. If you are having problems installing the firmware and are using this adapter it is highly recommended that you consider investing in a different adapter

[edit] Also - as previously stated by paranoid earlier - you should not need to use any installer to get the M-Audio Uno/2x2 etc to work on a Mac. The OS should support it already - see http://m-audio.com/kb/article/1919

I think you've found that already as the Uno shows up in your Audio/MIDI devices on El Capitan

The problem is communication between Mac and AxeFX Ultra when using the Uno

Last edited:
The problem is communication between Mac and AxeFX Ultra when using the Uno

I think the same thing! Actually I bought this Axe Fx Ultra from a guy, and he has lot of different settings on the Ultra (for example, it took hours to install my beringher fcb1010 because he use strange setting on midi in).
When I click on "Test connection", the program suggest "Check Midi I/O"; but all the I/O are ok!

What FW version is currently on the Ultra?

If it's FW 10.1 or earlier then you might need to change the 'decimal ID' value to 125 in the Axe-Edit Audio/MIDI config

Try turning everything off and on again. It's years since I used an Ultra, but I remember that I had to turn the Ultra and the Midisport on in the correct sequence. Unfortunately I can't remember which way around that was

The problem is the M-Audio drivers, that are a big shit. Try to DL another version. Before reinstalling be sure to completely eradicate/uninstall the old driver.
A few years ago I used a midisport 2x2 with the ULTRA and FCB in series and it worked flawless though, once you've gotten through the driver hassle...

Sorry for late respose, but I've got lots of trouble at university fro some exams and I forgot my problem ahah
Btw, I re-installed all the drivers, and now it's working! Thanks a lot guys! :)

Back
Top Bottom