Lynchback IR's

stm113

Power User
Has anyone checked out the Lynchback IR'S from Ownhammer? Reading about that speaker it intrigues me. I am a high gain guy but I tend to like the bite & almost fizz character of more vintage speakers....I would love to know your thoughts on those.

I like them for metal stuff. It's somewhat comparable to V30s. I'll upload a comparison later tonight for you.

Yeah I have them as well, I'm not. High. Gain or metal guy they work for me really well with classic rock type sounds. As stated above very nice mid range.

I really like Lynchbacks. sort of like a slightly wider frequency range than your usual V30 or Greenback. modern sounding with still enough vintage flavour. for my taste they work pretty well for any kind of gain you throw at them. Ownhammer did an excellent job IMHO capturing them in their V3 libraries.

used the Ownhammer Mesa loaded with a Lynchback in this demo I did for fw18...

I go back and forth with IR's (settled on the new Fractal ones at the moment) but I was using the Lynchbacks(Diezel cab) for quite some time. I found them to have a nice "woody" mid to them.

Back
Top Bottom