Luke 4

Is the bridge pickup of the SSS ones a "normal" single coil or something fatter?
If it's the same as the Cutlass HT, then it's quite a lot warmer and more midrange focused than the middle and neck pickups. As @cingram said, it sound more like a humbucker in single coil format. A bit like a Duncan JB jr and pickups in that vein.

They're all real singles though, along with MMs "silent circuit" noise reduction system. Basically a dummy coil within the active circuit.

I’m hoping this just helps drop the l3 market because for a few months they were so inflated.
Right? The price increase a few months into production was just ridiculous (about 60-70 % if you live in Sweden). Now they cost as much as Suhr etc (4800 € for a flame top LIII).

in the EBMM forum, a user posted some close up pics of the red and blue L4's and theyre actually really nice. If the bridge single coil was stacked, i might be a dead fish in the water lol

@Cooper Carter maybe you can help us out or know some inside deets? Are the HT pickups on the new L4 different than the cutlass? How close can the HT bridge single coil get to a humbucker?

Last edited:
Right? The price increase a few months into production was just ridiculous (about 60-70 % if you live in Sweden). Now they cost as much as Suhr etc (4800 € for a flame top LIII).
Same as in Germany, I bought my Cherry Burst Maple Top L3 in 2021 for around 3400€ and now they are 4800€. That’s crazy.

I can get an FGN with the same quality for a quarter of the price. I have owned over a dozen music mans btw.
What is FGN? I’ve never played a music man so I can’t argue either way. I just think the Luke 3s sound really good in every video I’ve seen them in and have great specs along with the onboard boost. But unless the heat treated pickups are significantly better it’s prob better to just buy a used Luke 3 when they drop in price

What is FGN? I’ve never played a music man so I can’t argue either way. I just think the Luke 3s sound really good in every video I’ve seen them in and have great specs along with the onboard boost. But unless the heat treated pickups are significantly better it’s prob better to just buy a used Luke 3 when they drop in price
FGN makes fantastic guitars from Japan. They are made in the same factory as Ibanez Prestige. I agree, I would go used if with a LIII if you have to have this guitar.

I don't like any of these. I have 4 x Luke IIIs and the new ones are just the same except for the pickups by the look of it.
I'm interested in the one with the Floyd but I actually really dislike the fact that they didn't use a Roman numeral for '4'...

Back
Top Bottom