Luke 4

You should see those in the UK £4,599 WTF. I'm not exactly sure I would describe Steinberger gearless tuners as lightweight either. I like the guitar but not 4.6k like.
Yeah it's not good over here in the UK price wise but its the same with everything at the moment. They used to be around £2200 for the normal tops, which is what I paid for my Fuschia Sparkle and £3300 for the maple tops I think I paid about £3200 for my sunburst L3 a couple of years back. Starting to regret selling my Boysenberry Burst last year now!

It's an interesting value proposition. All of these manufacturer's price of entry have jumped similarly in the past few years - EVH, Suhr, PRS, Anderson, etc.

FWIW the new Luke 4's were awesome :) i am a III owner, but the 4's color selection was amazing to see in person.. pricing however :(

Nice. At NAMM? Do you happen to know any details on the bridge pickup of the new SSS model?
yessir i did attend 2 of the 3 days...:eek::astonished:
unfortunately EBMM exhibitors pretty much quoted this:

"...the HT pickups were said to have been inspired by “decades of guitar string research” and have since become a stalwart of Ernie Ball Music Man’s lineup. On paper, the pickups now found on Lukather’s L4 models are said to outperform normal-spec pickups by providing extra output and excellent touch sensitivity – as well as a more powerful bass response and an expansion of higher frequency harmonics. "

when i did press for the details, like: did Luke design them?, what's the bridge S output?, is it hum cancelling?, etc. the answer was "call the Company and see our website" (so much for NAMM) - my thoughts were, "wait, the HT p/ups are last year's "reveal" right? why can't you provide the details?"...

For anyone interested, I asked Music Man CS and the final specs regarding pickups and frets are not set in stone yet. It's likely that the pickups will be the same as the HT ones already in other Music Man models, and the frets to be the same low and wide ones he always has used (nickel silver).

For anyone interested, I asked Music Man CS and the final specs regarding pickups and frets are not set in stone yet. It's likely that the pickups will be the same as the HT ones already in other Music Man models, and the frets to be the same low and wide ones he always has used (nickel silver).
I can't see any virtue in low wide frets other than familiarity which will be the reason for them here. Poor grip on the strings, poor intonation and not even the excuse of low mass.

I can't see any virtue in low wide frets other than familiarity which will be the reason for them here. Poor grip on the strings, poor intonation and not even the excuse of low mass.
I think I’m starting to come to terms with the low, wide frets not being as favorable. I still love my Luke 3 HSS with the Dimarzio Transitions, play that one the most, and regularly use it live. It’s easy to play in its own way and those pickups sound amazing with my fractal. But I’ve been commuting quite a bit recently with some hotel stays and this past week I decided to bring my 1988-89 fender HM Strat. It’s been really fun to play. Pickups are good but not as good as the Lukes. But the wider, flatter neck with bigger frets just lets my hands fly around much easier. I wish I could put that neck on the Luke body with the Luke pickups and EBMM tremolo 😂🏌️‍♂️⛳

He lives and he breathes!! Haven’t heard about this lad in awhile but love his music! Blues Saraceno demo’ing the new Luke 4 SSS!

Justin Derrico too!

Back
Top Bottom