Luke 4

I'm sure most people aren't going to like the design, but I am actually digging those Kaizen guitars. It's like Picasso meets the Stealth Bomber in a guitar. The only thing is that I now prefer a stained wood look with the grain vs pain, but that Indigo is pretty cool. I've never played a multi-scale before, but this seems to be a much more subtle multi-scale going from 24.75" to 25.5" so the frets probably wouldn't mess me up much.

1681393664081.png

I'm sure most people aren't going to like the design, but I am actually digging those Kaizen guitars. It's like Picasso meets the Stealth Bomber in a guitar. The only thing is that I now prefer a stained wood look with the grain vs pain, but that Indigo is pretty cool. I've never played a multi-scale before, but this seems to be a much more subtle multi-scale going from 24.75" to 25.5" so the frets probably wouldn't mess me up much.

View attachment 119345
I think they’re cool as hell. I have a Line 6 shuriken Variax that I always get compliments on because of its different look. But the kaizens are almost 4K too much for me lol. what makes them almost a thousand more than the Luke guitars?

I think they’re cool as hell. I have a Line 6 shuriken Variax that I always get compliments on because of its different look. But the kaizens are almost 4K too much for me lol. what makes them almost a thousand more than the Luke guitars?
Wait. HOW expensive are they? I've never spent more than $1200 on a guitar (before all the extras of changing out pickups and whatnot). I'm not sure I'd be willing to go north of $2000 at this point in my life.

Yeah, EBMM have not been shy at all about their high pricing.
It just kinda stinks because with the L3s, they have HSS config but im not crazy about any of the colors. The Luke 4s I love the colors, but they don’t have HSS (only L4 HSS is double locking trem which I don’t want). It would be cool to try the heat treated pickups tho. Who knows maybe the SSS ones will still be able to shred very nicely

There are plenty of YouTube clips of Luke playing the new SSS L4 on Toto's current tour. That's the most intruiging model to me. I suspect we will see BFR Luke 4s in an HSS configuration at some point.

There are plenty of YouTube clips of Luke playing the new SSS L4 on Toto's current tour. That's the most intruiging model to me. I suspect we will see BFR Luke 4s in an HSS configuration at some point.
You’re probably right but whenever I look on YouTube his hand is always covering the bridge and the colors might be different so it’s hard for me to tell. Maybe when I get
Home on my Pc I can spend more
Time taking a closer look haha

I don't like any of these. I have 4 x Luke IIIs and the new ones are just the same except for the pickups by the look of it.

I don't like any of these. I have 4 x Luke IIIs and the new ones are just the same except for the pickups by the look of it.
Right. HT pickups and then only other spec change I can see is the SSS employs a roasted alder body. The IIIs are great.

Yeah me too! Not really liking any of the finishes this time around. Definitely prefer the L3's which I've used for a while now . I reckon a lot of buyers will be looking for the L3's now. Glad I kept my two.

Back
Top Bottom