Low-mid gainish Pop-Rock go to Amps and UR IRs

Cem

Experienced
There are A LOT of options to create a POLL. But I really would like to see the result of that kind of poll.

How about writing them down?

Maybe just including the URs that FAS gave away could help people better to dial in sounds.

I'm using Suhr Badger 18 with the Chinese v30 4x12 UR at this moment for example. But might try something twangier, but I'm having hard time suiting IRs to low gain just after the edge or a little bir above edge breakup amps.

Wow! I was expecting a huge amount of answers for this. But none? Where is this community going? :D

With real amps, I would use my AC30 for these sounds and with the Axe, that would be my starting point too.

Reactions: Cem
Dc30 into either the ownhammer 1x12 alnico silver or the new ac20 high res mix in fw15. Done. Period.

AC20, Buttery, Atomic (nuclear tone), Ruby Rocket, SuperTweed, DC30

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the OH Bogner 2x12 Fane UR IR included in the samples starting in FW14... Before I was using the Hires version of the same.

I haven't tried any of the new UR IRs from FW15 so can't comment on those.

I also recently bought the legends UR collection from TAF and there are a number of nice ones in there... Haven't had enough play time there yet :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't argue with an AC30 or variant, but I'm a big fan of both the Badgers and the Kitty... animals win for this application in my book.

USA Clean for 80's clean pop records.

AC30 for everything else pop :)

Just because we have so many amps in the box, I do end up using 100w Plexi's for clean more than I should. The Vox should be enough... but I get lured by my suppressed rock star and give in the Marshalls :)

I forgot the FT37 Hi :(

Also, the Shiva Clean with the MV fairly high (8-ish) and the input drive pushed can sound pretty good, too. A bit more clean/tight than some of the others I listed.

I forgot the FT37 Hi :(

Also, the Shiva Clean with the MV fairly high (8-ish) and the input drive pushed can sound pretty good, too. A bit more clean/tight than some of the others I listed.

Ft37 is the amp! Exactly! I love it more than topboosts I guess.

Jamiroquai's Rob Harris made me get hypes on it that also have some effect haha.

Back
Top Bottom