Lost my Block Library

ducmike

I was just now building a new preset. Went to the block library to load my go to drive block, and did not have a recall option. I rebooted the AF3 and Axedit, and still nothing. Then tried a few older presets and nothing. Decided to hit save on the drive block, and now I have the recall option and that one block that I just saved.

Shouldn't be too hard to rebuild since those go to blocks still exist in many presets. Wondering what I could have done to delete the library? Maybe I accidentally hit delete when brousing it on my last session? Would that delete the whole library or just one block?

Is it easier (or possible) to restore from a backup? I do backup frequently, usually after I build new presets or make alterations I like to existing ones.

Your block library is not saved on the Axe-Fx, it's saved on your computer. So either you changed the directory or deleted the file.

Perhaps you used a different computer to connect your AxeFX? I swap back and forth from MacBook Pro to MacMini, and copy the files so both computers have them available. Hope this helps!

Your block library is not saved on the Axe-Fx, it's saved on your computer. So either you changed the directory or deleted the file.

That explains it. I upgraded my iCloud account Monday and put my desktop and docs in the cloud so I can access it when I'm on the road. Thanks for the answer. I was just curios about what happened, and pretty sure it was something I did.

Any guidance on where to find it on a mac running Big Sur? Am I looking for an AxEdit file? Actually, I should take the opportunity to build a fresh library, some of those saved block were old and not used anymore.

That explains it. I upgraded my iCloud account Monday and put my desktop and docs in the cloud so I can access it when I'm on the road. Thanks for the answer. I was just curios about what happened, and pretty sure it was something I did.

Any guidance on where to find it on a mac running Big Sur? Am I looking for an AxEdit file? Actually, I should take the opportunity to build a fresh library, some of those saved block were old and not used anymore.
Mine saved to Documents by default, I think

Back
Top Bottom