Losing playback audio, but not FM9 audio

COPIED/PASTED FROM THE AXE III THREAD REGARDING THE SAME ISSUE:

OK, so after a lot of research, I think I might have found, at least, MY issue.

I was using a long USB cable that I found from work with the logic that I'd be able to curl it around my desk and out of the way. I am finding that was probably the culprit and it corrupted my USB ports. I went into my Windows Device Manager and uninstalled ALL of the USB ports and then restarted my computer, which automatically re-installs them, which would, in theory, repair the corruption.

It has only been about half an hour and I have been able to play along with a YouTube backing track, have FM9 Edit open and open another window without my computer freezing and having to unplug my USB cable. I will report back with more info once some time has passed.

Have a happy and safe new year, folks!

UPDATE: 2 DAYS, NO ISSUE AFTER RESETTING THE USBs.
I’m having similar issues right now. Will try this out!

I’m having similar issues right now. Will try this out!
A quick update about this: All is well, if I use a certain USB input. I found that 2 of the 3 USB ports still produce weird results. Mostly computer freezing and abnormal playback behavior, etc. But 1 of the inputs is just right. I know it's time for a new laptop, but for now I'm making due. Good luck!

Another update: I recently lost audio again and was about ready to give up, but found this post regarding USB mapping. Somehow my parameters had changed and I had to switch back.

EDIT: I am an absolute idiot. I had recently attached my FM9 to a pedalboard and I plugged my speakers in to out 2, not out 1 per usual. I'm still shaking my head at my stupidity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom