Looper

I know his has been mentioned a few times and is buried away in the forum but I would like to see a looper with a longer available time (maybe by joining 2 delay blocks together if required) and easier to use cc conrrols, so as to have the conventional rec/play/overdub on one pedal and stop on a second. Dunno if this is possible but would certainly enable me to ditch the looper Im currently carrying around with me.

You don't know how many times I asked that too :( and lots of other people, too, but not enough apparently.
It seems to me like a trivial addition, I don't know why people are against it.

I would also *really* like a longer loop. Perhaps, if memory space is scarce, a lower-resolution loop option could be selected to get longer loops at a lower quality? I would also really like to see some function to quantize (is that the right word? I mean "snap to grid").

I originally bought the Ultra (over the Standard) for the looper but quickly discovered it's limitations and bought a Boss RC-2
which, as it turns out, i hardly ever use.
I haven't regretted my Ultra purchase though.

yes please!

longer looper would be awesome

axe-fx is almost everything I need in a box!!! no more gear he he

Chuk said:
I originally bought the Ultra (over the Standard) for the looper but quickly discovered it's limitations and bought a Boss RC-2
which, as it turns out, i hardly ever use.
I haven't regretted my Ultra purchase though.

The looper is the reason I upgraded to an Ultra but I too found it limited. So now I am shopping for a looper.

It would be AWESOME if the Looper got an upgrade "Very soon". Would make a nice bonus with a foot controller. :)

Agreed.

How about the ability to store a loop and recall it? Even if the Axe only had enough room for one loop, it would be a nice feature to see.

Thanks!

This is one thing is would REALLY LOVE to see extended on the ultra, with the new foot controller a longer looper
would be an awesome tool to have, especially for ambient work, the organ effects, crystal reverbs ext, you could be
a one man show if you wanted to and sound huge!! pretty please?? :D

for the looper to be really useful though, it would need to be separate from the main grid, so that you wouldn't have to drop it into every patch you might want to loop and it wouldn't use up one of the delay blocks (or two of them if you want stereo loops)

if it could be accessed from the global menu, say, where you could assign the cc control numbers and set it to pre-fx or post-fx and any other available parameters.

changing patches with a loop running (from one patch to another with a looper in each patch) sometimes causes a small droput as well. having the looper separate would also solve this

sim

Back
Top Bottom