Looper - Timing Issue

Kidmag

Ok - I'm losing my mind here. I've read every post on this forum addressing looper timing issues and I can't seem to get the the looper on my FM9 to be in time. I absolutely know its not me, I can pull out my very used and trusty Ditto Looper II and nail a loop spot on. So its something with the FM9. Here are the items I've addressed:

1. In the FC Edit - my Record, Play/Stop, and Undo/Erase switches are all mapped to separate switches on the "TAP" function. On each of those switches the "HOLD" function is set to "Unassigned".

2. In the Looper block, I have quantize off.

3. The Preset/Scene is only using 58% CPU

4. My FM9 is on FW: 3.00

Every loop seems to add about 1/32 or 1/16th of time. So when I compare to a metronome, each loop gets further and further from being in time. SO FRUSTRATING!!

What am I missing?

With my FM3 I gave up and just connected my Ditto Looper - no problem I was short on buttons anyway. But with the FM9 I really want to make this looper functional, right now it worthless. Help please!!!

Items 1 and 2 are the usual suspects...

Maybe try:

• Reset the Looper block
  • Update to a more recent firmware
  • Reset system settings

I’ve also had a similar experience on the FM9 only. Axe3 and FM3, loops as intended. FM9, sometimes the loop is definitely off.

What am I missing?
What page is on the main screen when you’re looping? The home page that shows the preset name and scenes? Or are you on a different page?

I’ve just noticed it last week and I’m trying to figure it out. I have some ideas and will tell the devs once I get better repro instructions.

This is why this forum is the BEST! Thanks you guys, I really appreciate it! IT WORKS!!!!

I had my "Record" switch set as the 6th switch. I just moved it to switch 4, and now its in time! Amazing... Seriously I'm so happy. Thank you thank you!

Mr. Fender, your suggestion is what saved me. Thanks! Sorry I thought I had added the quote when I originally responded - I was just so pumped. This has been one of my biggest annoyances with the FM3/FM9. And now its solved!!!

"One thing to check is if you're using switch 6 (bottom right corner). If the MLM combo is enabled, that switch will always behave like it has a hold function assigned."

Guys, you're awsome !

I had the same issue with my Beatbuddy, and item 1 related to Kidmag initial post was not correctly set

I previously assigned a hold function to the play/stop button on my FM3 in order to call back a previous menu when I was working on the layouts. On FC/Edit menu, I set the hold function to unassigned related to this buttton, and it works like a charm !!!

Back
Top Bottom