Bug? Looper not following trim range

Bakerman

Axe-Master
With a small modifier-sweepable trim range defined, the source changing too rapidly causes the loop to get stuck playing back a certain portion outside of the current trim range. For example, record a loop of 10 seconds or so and assign LFO1 to start trim 0-95%, end trim 5-100%. If the LFO rate is slow enough the playback follows the LFO position, but above a certain rate the issue occurs. Lowering the rate again will allow the loop to follow the trim range correctly. This can be seen on the screen as well, with the playback line in a part of the loop outside the trim range. (FW 14.00)

this was on my to-do list this week. i wanted to make a small loop slice move around randomly. shame there seems to be a bug...

if i get time tomorrow, i'll test and confirm

I think I know what's happening here and will look into a fix.

It should only affect very small slices changing at high rates.

I know this was a problem with the previous FW. When adjusting both end and start trim the looper doesn't sync to that and it adjusts the trim points by itself randomly. Not sure if this is the same issue? Have to update to FW14 to check if this is still the case in FW14. Really like the trim function of the looper so I hope this will work as it should now.

Back
Top Bottom