Looper going out of sync

I've got a mild issue with the looper function (which is causing me to yet again go back to my old looper which is something I was hoping to avoid and also the reason for getting the MFC) where I will record a passage and let it loop, then I will go to play a rhythm part over it and by the time I finish four bars, the looped passage will be out of time.

I know that I'm not pressing the record/play buttons at the wrong time as I have tested it to a click and will have it loop for 5 minutes without it going out of time, but as soon as I start playing over it, it drops back further and further.

I'll try to make a recording/video of whats happening to give you an idea, but are there any ideal settings that the looper should be on for it to function "better"? I changed it to a mono looper as that all I'd need and figured it may allow for a longer looped passage, but this seems to make it even worse and also screws with the timing in that I can hit the buttons at the perfect time, but playback is screwed and i have to press slightly before (this never used to happen before either).

Any Clues??

No idea if I have Quantization on or off - I dumped the looper straight into my patch and I believe that all I changed from standard was from being a stereo looper to a mono one and changing the level a bit so that it matched my playing level better.

Will post the patch and a video of it doing it later in the week as I need to collect the axe from the studio

I know that I'm not pressing the record/play buttons at the wrong time as I have tested it to a click and will have it loop for 5 minutes without it going out of time, but as soon as I start playing over it, it drops back further and further.

The looper has no idea if you are playing or not. Therefore the logical conclusion is that you are rushing the beat.

One other possibility would be incorrect footswitch settings. Are you using our "Looper Reveal" mode in the MFC or did you program the IA's yourself? Does the problem happen from the front panel or just footswitch?

I'm using the looper reveal mode as i couldn't work out how to program it myself.

While I thought that maybe my playing was going out of time or some such, I tested it to a click track and it would stay in time for as long as I wanted it to, but once I started playing over the loop, it would go out of time. Perhaps I'm over loading the CPU or something (just throwing that out there, I doubt it though)??

I'll try and do a video tonight to show you what I mean.

Also trying to hit the buttons from the front panel would be near impossible to do myself and I don't think I could trust anyone else to press the buttons at the right time

You really can just post the preset before doing the video. I'll be able to tell you pretty quickly if it's a bug or user error.

Ok cool...

Here's the patch: View attachment 13381

However, after trying to get it to do it again (Last time it happened was before updating from ver 7.XX - I went back to using my old looper once it did it), it's now working fine... I'm gonna call it "Pre patch user error" I'm not saying there was anything wrong then, but I swear I could let the loop play for 5-10 mins over a click and it wouldn't go out at all until I started chugging over it.

I HATE it when this happens - you get worked up and it has its problems all day long and then when you go to prove it, it works fine and neither I nor the people involved can replicate the problem. I should be used to this, I work in Motorcycle mechanics and we always get people saying "but it made that sound when I rode it"...

As a side note, how would the quantization help? I have a (very) rough idea how quantization is supposed to work in certain circumstances, but I don't know how it would be used with this?

Back
Top Bottom