Looper Block, limitations or not?

edwinstar

I am wondering if there are any Hardware limitations (for example Memory) that prevent the Axe-Fx III from ever receiving multiple synced Looper Blocks?

I need at least three seperate synced Blocks with different Inputs and Outputs.

Would be great to know if it‘s ever possible to have this or if i‘d better start looking around for other Looper solutions.

Thanks!

This has been a wish list item for some time. They haven't said that it's not possible or that they're not willing to implement it. Without digging through the forum to find the thread(s), I think it was more about the how and why of implementing it, as not very many people would have a use for multiple looper blocks. Hell, personally, I rarely use the one we've got. For now, and likely the next couple years, I would look into other solutions. The Axe's looper is more or less a practice tool and way to audition effects and cabs without having to keep moving your hands between the guitar and unit/computer.

It would be interesting to know if multiple synced loopers is something that the fractal team is looking into.
With all the Ins and Outs and great reliability the Axe is so much more than just a Guitar Processor for me!

It would be interesting to know if multiple synced loopers is something that the fractal team is looking into.
With all the Ins and Outs and great reliability the Axe is so much more than just a Guitar Processor for me!

Don’t think it will happen any time soon. So I suggest looking elsewhere if this is what you need.

I would be looking at other solutions. The delay block was overhauled a few fw's ago, but I believe the subset of users who need high-level looping abilities is small compared to overall users.

I am currently looking at Quantiloop Pro, an iPad App. Would be cool if one could insert it via USB. Anyone tried yet?

I use an outboard boomerang iii with sidekick for four simultaneous tracks on i/o 4 — rarely use the onboard looper due to limitations; your best bet would be midi syncing up some outboard loopers for each io

I am currently looking at Quantiloop Pro, an iPad App. Would be cool if one could insert it via USB. Anyone tried yet?
I have Quantiloop Pro and definitely like it. I also sometimes use LoopyHD which is good too, but with a little less conventional UI. I've never used them with my AXEIII (that is used live or with Mac normally), but doubt you'd have any problems as they both work fine with HXStomp. You can also hook up external switches like AirTurn to them.
My use is limited to the couch in the evenings for practice, but I have put them through their paces with many 4 track practice jams. One tip that took me a while to figure out is the easy way to transfer files back to your Mac is to use AirDrop.

Even if it was possible to have that many blocks, I can’t see the current hardware really supporting a very effective workflow.

the FC’s can work well for a controller for one looper block, but can’t see going between multiple very easily, like something how the Boss Loop Ststions work with 5 synced loops, dedicated controls for both etc

To answer the specific question: there is no hard limit that technically prevents future firmware from changing how the looper works. The current memory could be subdivided. For a simple Looper, I think ours is very good. If you need something now that's more sophisticated, there are plenty of great options.

Again, maybe 2-4 channels with different loops, even if the maximum loop time is split between them. This would allow them to be easily foot switchable.

how do you use the looper to try out diff cabs?i was watching leon todd and he said pin it i clicked both ways and still didnt change the sound

how do you use the looper to try out diff cabs?i was watching leon todd and he said pin it i clicked both ways and still didnt change the sound
Signal flows left to right. If you want the looper “data” to go through the cab so you can change cabs, the looper needs to be on the left of the cab.

Signal flows left to right. If you want the looper “data” to go through the cab so you can change cabs, the looper needs to be on the left of the cab.
it is i have it in front of the amp then cab behind that

it is i have it in front of the amp then cab behind that
Unless you’re omitting something else from your description, then the sound is changing while the loop plays.

Show a screenshot of the layout and we can help. Otherwise there are thousands of things to guess.

Back
Top Bottom