Looking to Axe(fx) my gear

sandmannn69

Experienced
Hello, new to this excellent forum. Yeah, I know it was a stupid pun(subject).
Looking into buying an AxeFx, still evaluating my needs and the AxeFx capabilities.
It's not a matter of money, as it would presumably replace a lot of equipment I would be selling to pay for it.

From reading the forum, seems like a lot of folks get the Axefx for gigging, as it would be the perfect fit for a cover
band guitarist, which was my previous experience. I am not currently playing out/rehearsing, so usage would be primarily
home studio and practice/jams.

My main interests in the Axefx
-ability to get sound of cranked amp (power tube distortion/speaker breakup) at neighbor-friendly volumes
-all-in-one solution for playing a variety of styles/sounds (rock, blues, metal thru Marshalls, Fenders, Diezels)
-tired of tone chasing (bought, own, or have sold too many expensive tube amps, fx pedals)
-space savings, light compact rig (small home studio, bad back)

I am currently using Line 6 modeling products for the most part and, after watching some of the
excellent Axefx demos by Mark Day, Ketil Strand, thibderob, and others, the Line 6 REALLY pales in comparision.
I've never been much of a tweaker in the past, but seems the Axefx pays much bigger dividends for the time invested.

If the AxeFx can replace all my amps, cabs, and effects, and allow me to play/record at a sane volume, it's easily worth
$2000 to me.....no more iso-cabs, multiple amp heads/cabs, buying/building pedals, waiting for tubes to warm up.

So, if you've read my little story, would the AxeFx be a good fit for me? Ultra or Standard?

For recent buyers, how long did it take to ship/receive your order (I go out of town alot)?

So many people say it is a great tool for a cover gig, which is true, but the Axe-Fx is a bonified tone machine...fully capable of putting an ear to ear grin on your face just as much so as a top of the heap tube rig.

From reading your post I can presume that Standard might does the job
BUT if money is not an issue (as you said) then get an Ultra, quite simple.
As for your "My main interests in the Axefx", no worries,
it shall be all covered.

Thanks,
I guess what you guys are saying is my Main Interests list is a pretty good description of the Axefx.
Believe it or not, that has been my wish list long before Fractal invented it.

Back
Top Bottom