Looking for Sweet Child of Mine Preset Specifically taking advantage of FM9 features.

dsouza

Experienced
If you have a great G&R Sweet child of mine preset for the FM9, please post it here.

Appreciated!

Did you try the factory preset DESTRUCTIVE APPETITES?
Just tried it now. I already bought Edo's G&R presets for AFD Welcome to the Jungle and UYI (where he demos Nov rain etc).
In the custom presets I bought Edo throws in a clean scene , a rhythm scene, and a lead scene.

I believe he must of made a deal with Fractal Audio to include his G&R presets because they state his name in the scenes.

In the welcome to the jungle preset that is based on AFD one of the scenes is just a lead scene.

So I believe they are identical. Unless Edo made a different preset just for FAS?

However, I was looking specifically for a sweet child of mine preset. For all phases of the song. Clean, Wah, Lead, etc I believe the closest you can come to it with Destructive Appetites is AFD scene for lead only.

I decided not to use that Factory default preset and instead use EDO's custom AFD GNR preset. It doesn't have clean but it has lead w/wo wah. Which is good enough for all the solos. It just won't do a complete rendition of the Sweet Child song. Only the solos.

I tested it out last night. The tone is quite accurate. I believe I'm good now.

Last edited:
I decided not to use that Factory default preset and instead use EDO's custom AFD GNR preset. It doesn't have clean but it has lead w/wo wah. Which is good enough for all the solos. It just won't do a complete rendition of the Sweet Child song. Only the solos.

I tested it out last night. The tone is quite accurate. I believe I'm good now.
Cool. You could even create another scene and dial it in for a clean tone.

Or roll back the volume knob on your guitar to achieve the same thing.
Wouldn't rolling back the vol knob on the guitar only clean up the sound? Less dirt?

Rolling back the tone will actually change the tone (make it less trebly and give the guitar that quack tone to the notes : Sweet Child, November Rain tone). ;)

The Destructive Appetite patch is indeed pretty cool... I'm working on some of my own. I'll keep you posted when I get them ready. I want to share something awesome with the community here.

Last edited:
I've read where Slash actually used the bridge pickup with some tone rolled off for the intro. Listening to it, you would swear it's that clear, full neck pickup sound, but it's not.

Back
Top Bottom