Looking for metal, metal and more metal presets/patches

Invidious

Brand new to the axe fx ultra, it's in the mail and I wanted to seek out some amazing metal tones.

Toss them at me :)

Thanks everyone

Well, you best bet is to search the preset sub-forum with the phrase "metal tones" or whatever and then make sure that you have the forum view set to "beginning" so that it shows every thread from over all of the years that this site has been up (otherwise it defaults to just this last month and you won't find much).

There's another thread currently running with people sharing sources for patches, so check that too.

shoulda bought the II :) check the axe exchange; dont expect most peoples' patches to sound good on whatever you are using!

Tube Screamer in front of metal-type amp with lots of preamp gain. Turn the gain to zero and dime the volume on the tubescreamer. Adjust the amp to taste. Watch out for too much amp gain, you'll end up too compressed and not knowing it.

Same here, suggestion mix 2 cabs to get a stereo sound sounding cool rather than 2 amps in my opinion

I got a question to the subject you seem to know about. I got the Axe fx about 6 months ago. I was allll ggooood it seemed for a long time . For some reason lately the distortion is coming off "clip" sounding with a bzzzzz after sound when palm muting low strings. I tried over and over and OVER tweeking the knobs lowering the gain on amp then on the drive block then on both then trying noixe gate block after the drive and it always goes to a not perfect clean distortion that I want. It pisses me off cause I spent so much and thought I had the holy grail. Its to the point where I might sell and try Kemper. Lend me your thoughts if you care to. thanks

Cool man, i know how to upload single presets but I can't seem to figure out how to get the whole bank in... sorry, newbie here.
Backup one of your banks (C for example) first using Axe Edit/Axe Manage, the legacy Version for the Ultra (available here : Fractal Audio Systems - Axe-Edit Legacy Versions Archive ). Then load of of my banks on C, with Axe Edit again. From there you can explore it and copy the presets you like on A or B, overwriting presets you don't want to keep. Do this for my three banks, then load your bank C again

Still searching for ultra and standard metal / high gain presets!! Anyone have any they wanna share with me? I am always looking.

ive tried many presets (im mostly a high gain player) and none of them worked for me. you're better off creating your own simple patches, and use the axefx wiki for tips. i created a binder with the axefx owner's manual and the wiki and just nerded out for a while.

Good call man, I shall do this!

Recently, I have taken a couple of Ola Englund's presets, putting them in there and then just tweaking the amps, cabs, etc. Kinda using his presets as templates.

Back
Top Bottom