Looking for Guitar Pick Suggestions

I keep coming back to the TUSQ Standard .88 bright picks. They definitely sound brighter than other picks when I drop them on my desk, but I don’t really notice a difference when playing, but they have a nice texture so they don’t spin between my fingers like the old Fender picks did.

They’re made from the same material as the Graph Tech TUSQ nuts..

Just ordered- seems interesting

Last time I ordered strings, I ordered a set of picks from stringjoy… They seem as good as a tortex, and may be a little nicer, more matte finish.

I’m a .88-1mm guy

I usually use the ultex .66 or .73, but the big pizza slice shaped ones. I always have problems dropping smaller picks or having them rotate in my hand, even if they are textured. I found the larger size fixed both issues for me and and I can vary my pick grip tightness to help control dynamics.

@Romo82 Blue Chip does have several pick designs for $35, but some of them are $50 and $75 as well. Many great players swear by them so they are probably very nice.
You most likely will not find many artists tossing these out into the audience unless they are getting them for free. :gemstone::gemstone:

The Blue Chip picks are probably great, but I just can't stomach the idea of $70 for a single pick. That's too much cash to be out if I drop one and can't find it.
I felt the same way getting the Chicken Picks. Only $20 for 2 picks, but still much more than I ever thought I'd spend on picks. Discovered that when you spend this much more, you'll figure out a way to not lose them. ;)

I started putting them in my back pocket and after 5 years, I still have all of the Chicken Picks I've purchased.

Find a pick you like and add grip to it using pieces of adhesive backed sandpaper. Something with a reasonably fine texture. 600 grit is nice.

Lately I've been using mostly purple Dunlop Delrin picks. But really I don't care much except that I prefer my picks to be on the thick and stiff side. I don't much like thin flappy picks. I'm not even very picky about shape. Larnge rounded triangle, or mini teardrop, or standard shape, I don't really care.

Hey there

My pick of choice depends on the guitar
I use dunlop big stubby nylon picks 1mm 2mm and 3mm

I mod them so they stay comfortably in my hand when sweating.
6 string 1mm
7 string 2mm
8 string 3mm

Mod is drilling a 12mm hole and then use shrinktube to give it a coating that sticks to your hand when warning up

20220413_104140.jpg20220425_214251.jpg

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
V-Picks all the way. I started using them a couple years ago. Great variety to choose from that all create different tones. My hands tend to sweat a lot and I have never had one of these fall out of my fingers or drop one. They tend to stick very well.

Back
Top Bottom