Looking for an older Axe FX, as a backup

bigfoamfinger

Inspired
Love my III Mk II Turbo, but looking for another Fractal for my rehearsal space. Looking into getting an older one because this would serve as a backup basically, or in case my other guitarist blows a tube.

Which would you guys recommend? I know the Ultra's are pretty cheap but are the tones still pretty solid? Is it worth the extra $ to grab a II? I guess in that case I would just grab a used Fm3 :cool:

Love my III Mk II Turbo, but looking for another Fractal for my rehearsal space. Looking into getting an older one because this would serve as a backup basically, or in case my other guitarist blows a tube.

Which would you guys recommend? I know the Ultra's are pretty cheap but are the tones still pretty solid? Is it worth the extra $ to grab a II? I guess in that case I would just grab a used Fm3 :cool:
I’d go with the newest tech that I could afford. The FM3 seems to be the one I’d get, of the ones you’ve listed as backup options.

Another vote for the FM3. The tones/architecture will be easier to swap between units, the unit will be newer so less chance of issues/repairs, and you could just make some "lite" versions (if necessary) of your presets. And I imagine you could use the same FC, set up the same way. (But I'm not certain.)

Just overall more similarity between the 2, so that's better than using a previous-gen unit as a backup, imo.

Hi,

I'd also go for the FM3 - That way you'll get a sound way closer to what you're used to with the turbo, and compatibility with may features and functionalities in both units.

Thanks
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom