Looking for a vanity car....Porsche, BMW, etc.

Nissan GT-R perhaps?
Ok, no dog in this race, don't know or care about fast cars, but JFTHOI I googled that, and this was the first result after the ads and Nissan itself, attributed to Car and Driver:
The Nissan GT-R is a powerful coupe with a twin-turbo V-6 engine, a dual-clutch automatic transmission, and a swan neck-style spoiler. It has the iconic brand-name cachet, but lacks refinement, interior lacks refinement, and looks crude and rude by today's standards.
:)

Mercedes G-500 in black like a Darth Vader mobile would be my pick if I was in your situation. Able to drive in all weather, handles well, is comfy. It's a little flashy but doesn't scream midlife crisis vehicle or entice law enforcement to train radar guns on you.

My second choice would be a BMW 750i. I had the pleasure of driving one once and it was a really fun experience. A friend had traded in his Porsche 911 (which I found surprisingly uncomfortable to sit in) and wanted my take on if he did the right thing. Considering the BMW could fit both his wife and kid too, I told him that he made a wise choice on a number of levels.

That's at least $80k above what he wants to spend. Plus as a vanity car it isn't worth it. If you are going to run it on a track and you have the cash then sure a Z06 is great.

But you can still easily lose you license and get jailed on public roads just exploring what the 490HP standard LT2 engine in a C8 can do. I have owned 3 Corvettes in my lifetime. Loved every one! I've been drooling ever since the C8 Convertable came out but it would be a lousy Colorado car. I can't imagine driving one in the snow! But still every time I see one on the road I get the urge to go drive one at the dealer.

Then I remember that would involve a lot of explaining to my lovely wife when I pulled it into the driveway. 😂
Corvette C8 E-RAY, Hybrid 4WD with 655HP, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, a great Colorado car LOL! 👍

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/corvette/e-ray

HINT: Budget a little extra for a big diamond ring, and the wife problem will disappear, trust me LOL! ;)

Corvette C8 E-RAY, Hybrid 4WD with 655HP, 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, a great Colorado car LOL! 👍

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/corvette/e-ray

HINT: Budget a little extra for a big diamond ring, and the wife problem will disappear, trust me LOL! ;)

That looks sweet! But I still bet it would be awful in the snow - mostly because of the real estate on the rear tires (not to mention zero ground clearance!).

Thankfully my wife isn't into expensive jewelry. But we do have our hearts set on one of these:

https://www.beneteau.com/en-us/first/first-44

That's the super car version of a sailing yacht - fast, capable & comfortable. Once the kids are out of college maybe?

Now we just have to figure out how to pay for it.
🤔🫣 :rolleyes:o_O

The vette would be much cheaper!

That looks sweet! But I still bet it would be awful in the snow - mostly because of the real estate on the rear tires (not to mention zero ground clearance!).

Thankfully my wife isn't into expensive jewelry. But we do have our hearts set on one of these:

That's the super car version of a sailing yacht - fast, capable & comfortable. Once the kids are out of college maybe?

Where's the decimal point go?
Not the it actually matters to me or anything, just curious :)

Nice boat!

All C8's have a optional GPS controlled front end lift feature, 3" up as needed, perfect for CO snow drifts along with some taller mud and snows LOL!

I kid, I kid...

Where's the decimal point go?
Not the it actually matters to me or anything, just curious :)

For that particular boat fitted out and delivered to San Diego (they are built in France) - so about $780K from the interwebs. Which is why it is just a dream!

But there are plenty of great and gently used 40+ foot sailboats that can be had for around $350K. That is more realistic once the kids are out of college. But if I could figure a way to swing that First 44 above (unlikely) I would! Powerball maybe? 😂

I agree 100% - I had a 530i for about 8 years and it was always doing something wrong. Lovely cars to drive though. Just keeping them going is hard work and time con$uming.

Thanks
Pauly

Well here is my 530i. It's a 2003 with 155000 on it. Just routine maintenance, and it sits outside year round.
We have a 2014 535i and have had similar good luck. I do change oil & filter every 3K miles. Transmission fluid and filter and diff fluid every 50K.
I can tell how the newer BMW feels cheaper and not as solid as the 2003 530. Neither car has any rust on them. That is one area I believe BMW is way ahead of any American manufacturer.

2003 530i m.jpg

If it were my money, I'd buy a Porsche:
View attachment 126818
Wait, it was my money. Wait, that wasn't a Porsche. Damnit!

Back when I used to track my Porsche…

One time I saw one of my former instructor at the front left corner of his yellow Corvette. He had the tire/wheel off to swap out the rotor. That chunk of steel only cost him $30.

And he changed it out with a wrench, sitting on his butt on the asphalt. (See you in the hereafter Chris 🙏❤️🙏).

On my car it’s $600 😮

Back
Top Bottom