Looking for a power amp

So the 2U GT1000 is loud as well? I read a ton of reviews of the 1U that the fan was very loud - but that the 2U was much more quite. Have been eying this and at 1600 (out of stock currently) so curious as to your experience.
I have a racked 1u GT1000fx - fan is audible but not extreme to me (then again I'm 1/2 deaf with concert induced tinnitus so...)

I have no way to compare the two versions, but to me the 2U is very audible and annoying.
There will be something wrong somewhere. The fan will be in high speed mode for some reason. Either does that due to running at high levels (in which case you wouldn't hear it), a linking of channels (stereo connection where both channels are feeding into each other) or a problem with the fan controller itself. May be worth contacting us at support. Under normal operating you cannot hear the fan.

How are you guys playing so quiet you can hear the fan over your cab(s)?
Didn't say I could hear it over my cabs. I defy anyone to say they can hear anything over my cabs! Lol!

Just when I am in the studio not playing, I can hear it over my server (which has 5 fans running), the Axe and PS2 all combined.

There will be something wrong somewhere. The fan will be in high speed mode for some reason. Either does that due to running at high levels (in which case you wouldn't hear it), a linking of channels (stereo connection where both channels are feeding into each other) or a problem with the fan controller itself. May be worth contacting us at support. Under normal operating you cannot hear the fan.

Wow! Thanks for the reply. It is wound up to high speed seemingly for no reason. It is running in stereo, so let me disconnect one side and see if that makes a difference. If not, I will contact support and see if we can't get it sorted out.

How are you guys playing so quiet you can hear the fan over your cab(s)?

It's not when you are playing that fans are a problem, it's when you stop to do something else.

I took delivery of the PS2 today and the fan is always on and audible. It looks like it is quite a small fan, shame they couldn't use something a little bigger and quieter. I wouldn't say there was much in the fan noise between the PS2 and the Waza TAE - the only difference being that the Waza fan comes on when needed, whereas the PS2 fan is always on.
the other thing I've noticed with the PS2 is transformer hum like you get on a real amp (no real surprise there as it's got valves).

Very early days, I'm not rushing to judge it just yet and will keep testing.

It's not when you are playing that fans are a problem, it's when you stop to do something else.

I took delivery of the PS2 today and the fan is always on and audible. It looks like it is quite a small fan, shame they couldn't use something a little bigger and quieter. I wouldn't say there was much in the fan noise between the PS2 and the Waza TAE - the only difference being that the Waza fan comes on when needed, whereas the PS2 fan is always on.
the other thing I've noticed with the PS2 is transformer hum like you get on a real amp (no real surprise there as it's got valves).

Very early days, I'm not rushing to judge it just yet and will keep testing.

Sorry if this makes me Capt Obvious, but you do have a perfectly good 100W amp in the Waza .... :)

Sorry if this makes me Capt Obvious, but you do have a perfectly good 100W amp in the Waza .... :)

Yes, that's right, I've been rumbled :D

...and comparing it to the PS2 the 'perfectly good' part of the phrase is ringing true. There is not a lot in it between the waza and PS2 amplifying my axefx or attenuating an amp.

I'm still tempted to give the power stage a try as well....

Back
Top Bottom