Looking for a Jeff Beck Tone

shnaggle

Hi all,
I have been trying to get a Jeff Beck tone to no joy.
Im looking for: Brush with the blues, where were you and Seasons
If nobody has a patch, possibly a point in the right direction would be a great help as Im still quite new to the axe but learning something new everyday on here.
Many thanks
Tony

Hi, thanks for the responses but I knew I would get the whole its in your fingers :roll: thats true for his style but if beck plays a open string and I hit a open I would like to have the same tone.
Example why has slash spent the last 20years searching for his appetite tone if its all in his fingers??

Michael very nice clip (is that the remix version of Were where you ;) )

I will have a look at that one dutch thanks

Does Jeff ever hit open strings? :)
Didn't mean to disparage, but the whole whammy thing is really instrumental in his vibe.

He played both Fenders and Marshalls, I think more Marshalls. They all sound like Beck. So I think it still is mostly the way he plays. Then again, I'm not a Jeff Beck connaisseur. On his newest disc it's mostly a 50's Fender Champ if we should believe Guitar Player.

Anyway:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13975

Scroll down, I uploaded that preset without the global-amp function.

hi,
thanks Dutch when I'm looking to play in the style of JB i put pick down and use thumb and first finger with the trem between my other fingers.
The extra colour Beck adds since early 80's is from his use of finger picking styles and the trem either dipping before note is struck, bending to pitch or bouncing off the block.
Tone wise I think a JCM900 (he usesJCM2000) and behind it to give it the fullness I believe you need a little bit of a long plate reverb set to 6-7sec balanced with the guitar signal so its not in your face burying the note with also a delay tucked in to give it more body.

Well thats my thought I know what I want to add its just learning how to add it to my axe?

Have to say that I bought my axe just because of these sounds ....

Far ... far over & beyond ... every posts I've heard on fractal forum !!!

definitely in the Fractal repository ... imho ...

sorry but fed' up with shreds sounds !!

Steph Herbuel is a killer .....

Back
Top Bottom