Lonestar Clean with Tube Drv 3/4 clipping problem

Hello y'all, the Lonestar Clean amp is definitely one of my favorite amps in the Axe FX II. I also love the combination of the Tube Drv 3/4 with this amp, but when I engage that drive, I can't seem to control/tame the gain & clipping; it's just a monster. Anybody else experiencing this? Any suggestions? Thanks. It's driving me crazy. I've tried messing with all the various gain/drive/outputs knobs and having no success.

not quite sure what you mean. The tube Drives can be a bit much - but I can put one in front of the Loanstar clean and have almost no clipping/gain. OK the drive is on less than 1, but you can do it.

You can try taking the mix control down. Thats something I do with most of my drive blocks - and a trick that cam from my time many years ago with a sparkle drive. It means some of the signal is sent through dry - so you keep the attack and clarity of the real amp. Set the mix at 50% or less and you should be able to tame the combo a little more.

Without looking at your presets. The lone star is very very bass heavy. Like the real amp. I've owned one and never ran the bass more than 10 o clock on the dial (probably 3-4). Maybe the low end is clipping or you're setting the master/output too high. Check with the VU meter in the utility menu and zero out the output so that you have headroom to boost with the pedal.

Keep in mind that the Level control will cause additional distortion if set too high. Post a pic of your drive block.

Turn down the Level knob in the amp block. Bring the overall level up with the Output Level knob on the front panel.

Back
Top Bottom