Loading V10 preset banks

This may sound stupid but, I don't usually update the preset banks after a firmware upgrade. It has been so long that I am not sure what the best method is. Should I be using AxeEdit?

I'm using SysEx Librarian here to load the v10 All Banks. Still waiting, takes forever... watching the meter creeping from left to right.

This worked for me...

Yes...install Axe Edit Ver 1.9..its available on the urgent help post I just did a few mins agoi...open Axe manage.
YOu will see Axe-Edit as a drop down section in which you will see Presets as a green option.

Drag and drop the presets from windows explorer folder direct into the part where it says presets in axe edit. Axe Manage will recognize that. Right click on any sys file and hit Send to axe fx and follow the prompts. For the second bank choose bank B to over write and so on.

So where are the new factory banks located? I'm assuming that I have to download them separately, but I didn't see anything new on the website.

This worked for me...

Yes...install Axe Edit Ver 1.9..its available on the urgent help post I just did a few mins agoi...open Axe manage.
YOu will see Axe-Edit as a drop down section in which you will see Presets as a green option.

Drag and drop the presets from windows explorer folder direct into the part where it says presets in axe edit. Axe Manage will recognize that. Right click on any sys file and hit Send to axe fx and follow the prompts. For the second bank choose bank B to over write and so on.

Cool, good to know it works for someone. I will try that as soon as I have ny backups ok. The reason I'm using SysEx Librarian is this warning in the Axe Edit download notes:
2. Creating backup banks from within Axe-Edit may be unreliable, though some testers reported no problems. Note: Backup capability will be added to Fractal-Bot by the end of April 2013. Meanwhile, for 100% reliability, use MIDI-OX or Snoize, or use the onboard BACKUP utilities located inside the Axe-Fx (UTILITY menu, PRESET page).

Can you use Fractal Bot sofware to load the new presets? I'm actually doing it now, but the AXE screen (no PC) says "Awaiting FW File", and the Bot says "transferring file..." (it's at 46% right now).

Was able to upload the firmware with no problem. It was so smooth!!!

Can you use Fractal Bot sofware to load the new presets? I'm actually doing it now, but the AXE screen (no PC) says "Awaiting FW File", and the Bot says "transferring file..." (it's at 46% right now).

Didn't work. The Bot software said transfer complete and to follow the directions on the AXE screen but it just said "Awaiting FW File."

Will use Axe Manage.

I went through the same exercise and had the same experience. In Matt's announcement, he states that the Bot only does firmware and that Presets are a future (dare I say, soon) release.

Is there a way to just audition the new factory presets without loading them on to the Axe?
Sure, go into AxeManage, navigate to factory bank in the "tree" area, select the bank and the presets will display in right hand window (view). Select the preset you want to audition, right-click and select "audition" from the drop down menu.

This worked for me...

Maybe I'm doing it wrong and you could walk me through it a little more step by step.
I opened Axe Manage, go to the Green Presets Tab, dragged V10 Banks A .syx file into window. Then I selected Send to Axe Fx, selected to overwrite Bank A etc. The transfer started, shows 1 of 128, 2 of 128 etc. But at about 3 or 4 of 128 it freezes, and stops transfer. Sometimes it even crashes system.

I also tried to go to the Axe Fx section on the left hand tabs, select Bank A, then choose to Import Bank, select V10 Bank A, etc.........same results.

Someone even suggested going to Axe Fx tab, selecting Bank A, then using edit at top of window, select all, then delete. All Presets turn red, then importing V10 Bank A and sending to Axe Fx that way. Same results. I had the same issues with prior versions of AE too. I succesfully transferred banks using Midi-Ox, but was hoping to avoid all that. Would be awesome if Fractal bot allowed us to select Firmware, Banks, Presets, or Blocks and send data that way. One can dream, lol.

Could the Buffer setting be to blame?

There's a thread in the Axe Edit section of the forum on this too, seems a lot of people are having the same issues.

Thanks for the input, if I'm missing something let me know.

Sure, go into AxeManage, navigate to factory bank in the "tree" area, select the bank and the presets will display in right hand window (view). Select the preset you want to audition, right-click and select "audition" from the drop down menu.

Thanks s0c9! Iv'e had the Axe since v1 but have never used Axe Edit until now due to having an old unsupported computer so sorry fir the total noob questions. I only see Axe FX>bank a,b & c, then Axe Edit> banks, presets, blocks & cabs, then utilities & computer. Nothing that says factory bank. I assume I somehow have to get the new v10 factory presets into the Axe manage area or are they already there?

I have a naive, perhaps stupid, question. When I updated my firmware to v10, didn't the new presets come with it? In other words, do I need to now write v10 presets to my FX?

Back
Top Bottom