Load new IR's via Axe Edit?

Jan Geerts

Experienced
Somehow I assumed this was possible, but the manual says I'd need another midi interface and soft for it. Is there no way to do this with Axe Edit?

I've just purchased the Ownhammer vintage Bogner 212 set, and I'm looking forward to try that out.

best

Jan

At the moment Axe-Edit doesn't do this. The piece in Axe Edit that does is Axe-Manage but it is currently under development. Check out Fractal Bot. Or for $19.99 you can use Cab Lab. It's a great way to mix and audition different IRs. Good luck!

I tried with Fractal Bot, but it says it doesn't recognize the files. I've tried the mics and mix files, and I always get the same message. I have the Ownhammer set, and yes, it is the one for Axe Fx :D

Any idea what's going wrong here?

thanks

I tried with Fractal Bot, but it says it doesn't recognize the files. I've tried the mics and mix files, and I always get the same message. I have the Ownhammer set, and yes, it is the one for Axe Fx :D

Any idea what's going wrong here?

thanks

Hi Jan , control the right folder were you picked the Irs .... Ownhammer release have different folders... Kemper , Wave , AxeFx AND AxeFx 2 .... Maybe you picked the Irs from the AxeFx ? ;)

Sent from my Heart

Hi Jan , control the right folder were you picked the Irs .... Ownhammer release have different folders... Kemper , Wave , AxeFx AND AxeFx 2 .... Maybe you picked the Irs from the AxeFx ? ;)

Sent from my Heart

Doh! That's probably it, I've dl'd the AFII folder, I'll give it another go tomorrow

thanks

Jan

Like... Unzip?

Fractal Bot, Browse button, click over to where you unzipped the file. Click on towards the Axe-Fx-II folder, speaker folder and file of your choice. They should be 11 Kb .syx files. If they're not, you got the wrong folder or downloaded the wrong package. And if they are, the Bot WILL recognize the file and ask you which spot to save it into.

It's easier to just download only the Axe-Fx II files from Ownhammer unless you'd need the others for something else. You can always get them later. If Ownhammer still exists...

Like... Unzip?

Fractal Bot, Browse button, click over to where you unzipped the file. Click on towards the Axe-Fx-II folder, speaker folder and file of your choice. They should be 11 Kb .syx files. If they're not, you got the wrong folder or downloaded the wrong package. And if they are, the Bot WILL recognize the file and ask you which spot to save it into.

It's easier to just download only the Axe-Fx II files from Ownhammer unless you'd need the others for something else. You can always get them later. If Ownhammer still exists...

My 2 cents .... Get all of the folders BUT save all non-Axe Fx 2 in different folder that been used for backing up your gear ...
Nobody knows what happens in the future :D

Sent from my Heart

PS - you can only import one cab at a time until Axe Manage becomes active in Axe Edit. So if you've purchased OH cabs, you'll have to set aside some time to import each one separately, or as one user suggested, audition them in cab lab and import the good ones.

If you own Cab-Lab, it's a little easier to upload multiple cabs.

The thing that sucks about Fractal Bot and Cab Lab...for me at least...is that they won't work if Axe Edit is open. So, you have to remember which slots you want to send cabs to and can't see what's in there. All three parts work nicely on their own, but Axe Edit is the only one that allows you to see what the heck you're doing when sending IRs over. And, for me, neither Fractal Bot or Cab Lab will send the IR successfully when Axe Edit is open. It shows that the transfer works but the IR doesn't change until you close AE and then send after.

The thing that sucks about Fractal Bot and Cab Lab...for me at least...is that they won't work if Axe Edit is open. So, you have to remember which slots you want to send cabs to and can't see what's in there. All three parts work nicely on their own, but Axe Edit is the only one that allows you to see what the heck you're doing when sending IRs over. And, for me, neither Fractal Bot or Cab Lab will send the IR successfully when Axe Edit is open. It shows that the transfer works but the IR doesn't change until you close AE and then send after.

Did you try refreshing the Cabs in Axe-Edit after you sent them? Settings -> Preferences -> Refresh -> Cab Names

And yes, I initially dl'd the wrong folder. I dl'd axe fx ii, and it works with fractal bot. Love tne vintage Bogner pack, 412 is too much for me, I've always preferred 212's, and especially the Bogner

Tx

And yes, I initially dl'd the wrong folder. I dl'd axe fx ii, and it works with fractal bot. Love tne vintage Bogner pack, 412 is too much for me, I've always preferred 212's, and especially the Bogner

Tx

Nice to ear that you fix it . ENJOY NOW !!!

Back
Top Bottom