Live Use: FM3 alone or with FC-6 / FC-12?

For live use, are you using FM3 alone or FM3 with FC6 or 12?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shawnfitz1222

Inspired
Hi - curious to see how many are going it alone with just the FM3 (with or without external switches) vs how many are using the dedicated footswitch? (FC6 / FC12) Or maybe some are using a midi pedal?

Should have included an FC12. I use that and answered FC6. I use a FC12 in addition to a Source Audio Collider for delay and reverb(has yet to arrive). I use 3 expression pedals. 2 Boss FV500's and 1 mission wah style. I also built a 4 buttons external box for Switch 1+2 and 3+4 jacks. I'm adding another 4 button box for pedal 1 and 2 outs of the FM3.

I was using the FM3 on it's own when I did some bass sub gigs. For guitar with my band, I'm using the FM3 plus a few external switches and 2 expression pedals so I use a MIDI Expression IO as well.

Would like to only use fm3. Am at least only using fm3 on rehearsals and will add external standin switch for presets up/down. Have created my own layouts. Let’s see if that will work out when gig comes back or if I need to buy a midi switcher. Fc-6/fc-12 is too big and heavy in my opinion. Of course use an expression pedal for vol and wah etc

Last edited:
Another FM3 and FC-6 user here! I also use the db Instruments 4e expression pedal and a T1M 2 button for externals. For me it was the perfect move from the Ax8.

Should have included an FC12. I use that and answered FC6. I use a FC12 in addition to a Source Audio Collider for delay and reverb(has yet to arrive). I use 3 expression pedals. 2 Boss FV500's and 1 mission wah style. I also built a 4 buttons external box for Switch 1+2 and 3+4 jacks. I'm adding another 4 button box for pedal 1 and 2 outs of the FM3.
Wow. I added the FC12. Apologies for the oversight. Love to see your rig.

Who makes switches? Wondering what's compatible. Someone on another post mentioned unlatched. I did a search on Reverb for switches and Fractal Audio and came up dry.

Who makes switches? Wondering what's compatible. Someone on another post mentioned unlatched. I did a search on Reverb for switches and Fractal Audio and came up dry.
You can use just about any switch latched or momentary it doesn't matter! T1M makes them he's on FB now or there are generics out on ebay.

You can use just about any switch latched or momentary it doesn't matter! T1M makes them he's on FB now or there are generics out on ebay.
Well, it matters a bit. You can make a momentary switch behave like a latching switch, but you can't make a latching switch behave like a momentary switch. If you go with a momentary switch, you've got all the bases covered. Not so with a latching switch.

Well, it matters a bit. You can make a momentary switch behave like a latching switch, but you can't make a latching switch behave like a momentary switch. If you go with a momentary switch, you've got all the bases covered. Not so with a latching switch.
I imagine a momentary switch is quieter than a latching as well. Good info, thank you.

Aren't there settings in the FM that allows you to tell the FM what type of switch you are using?

Aren't there settings in the FM that allows you to tell the FM what type of switch you are using?
Yes, there are. But it's physically impossible to make a latching switch behave like a momentary switch, because there's no way for the FM3 to know when you've lifted your foot off of a latching switch.

I think I will be set with FM3 and Mini Stand In pedal used to change my presets. Also an expression pedal. I think if our church did more spontaneous moments an FC6 would be warranted, but we run through our 3 songs and play them just like the studio version and thats it.

Yes, there are. But it's physically impossible to make a latching switch behave like a momentary switch, because there's no way for the FM3 to know when you've lifted your foot off of a latching switch.
Ok, I thought that was the reason for the different settings for the different switch types.

Back
Top Bottom