Live Tone Match Problem

JRod4928

Power User
Reference was block in, left channel. Block wasPanned hard left
local was right channel. I used a mic into input 1 right chanel in stereo

the problem was when I ran the reference and local simultaneously, it didn't read anything the local mic was doing. However, when I turned off the reference signal, it read the microphone in the local signal with no issues.

also, when I used input 1 left as my reference and input 1 right as my local. It worked fine.

Thoughts?

Edit. See below for what's hopefully a better explanation

Last edited:
what block is before the tone match block? is input 1 mode = stereo for sure?

upload the preset. much will be immediately answered.

I designed the thing and I have no idea what you're saying.

physically look at the TMA block inputs and read my post and it'll make sense. It's not easy to explain, and I don't have a screen shot.

The TMA block has a pull down menu where you select the source for reference signal input. row 1,row 2,row 3,input 1, etc, or Block In. it also asks what channel to listen To (left or right). This tells the axe where the reference signal is coming from. This is where I selected block in left channel

It also asks what channel the local signal is coming from (left or right) this tells it where the local signal Source. This is where I selected input 1 right channe. Which is a microphone

What I'm saying is, when trying to perform a live tone match, it's ignoring the local signal (input 1 right channel). It's acting like it isn't connected. However, when I tell the axe to stop listening to the reference signal, and to listen to the local signal only, it can read the local signal with no problems.

on the other hand, the if I change the reference input to input 1 left channel. Everything works fine and I can do a live tone match.

If someone can help without snark, that'd be cool

Can you post a preset? I'm not seeing any sign of what you're describing. (18.03, Mark II) If both signals reach the TM block panned oppositely, they affect the graphs separately as expected for either channel configuration of ref/local.

Back
Top Bottom