Live Nation/Ticketmaster being sued by US Gov and 30 states

mandate paper tickets. it's now nearly impossible to determine if a digital ticket is legit.

cease all activities designed to curtail private party transactions. ie, forcing transactions on their websites or affiliated sites

cease all transaction fees

mandate that they cant do anything that makes it more difficult to engage ticket sellers

mandate no more than x number of tickets to a single party and/or ip address

break up live nation & ticket master.

Yayyyy! I f’n hate Ticketmaster. Evil rat bastards. Today I attempted to buy parking tix at a great price <s> of $50. And both of my perfectly good cards wouldn’t work. Seriously I have had many problems going through their process over the years. And the resale thing is a racket. They get double fees on a single ticket. It was very difficult for me to buy face priced tickets to the show tomorrow. Dead and Co at the Vegas Sphere. Whoop! I hate the DOJ too but on this I’m rooting for them.

dunno how it will turn out with tonnes of peeps gladly willing to pay Xk$ for concert tiks - can't fathom why.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I wonder how the gov will get paid. I can’t imagine they would get involved if it didn’t benefits them or some politician who is in the position to make some big cash off this somehow.

That’s just great. The only good thing about the breach is it makes TM Live Nation look even worse than usual. The article I saw this morning said names, address, last 4 and exp date of credit cards. Maybe phone #s. This is why I don’t use any cloud storage. Sooner or later they’ll break in to those. Just a matter of time.

Here in the Netherlands it's almost impossible to get tickets firsthand. Tried a couple of times and the times I even got through I was buyer 30.000 and 120.000 in a 17.000 seat venue. If I didn't get them from scalpers at almost twice the price I wouldn't get to see anything.
Scalping should be made illegal. That includes small time hustlers on ebay. It's outright theft.

Here in the Netherlands it's almost impossible to get tickets firsthand. Tried a couple of times and the times I even got through I was buyer 30.000 and 120.000 in a 17.000 seat venue. If I didn't get them from scalpers at almost twice the price I wouldn't get to see anything.
Scalping should be made illegal. That includes small time hustlers on ebay. It's outright theft.
My wife and I have gone to one concert in the last 20 years. Rob Zombie and it was 120$ each. Only way we see anyone is at our yearly county fair or online.

Back
Top Bottom