List of compatible expression pedals for FM3

Any pedal that has a linear taper pot with a value between 10k and 100k that's wired tip to wiper using TRS cables. There's probably too many to list. All fractal products use the same type of expression pedals, so search the other product sub-forums for pedals other folks have used.

Here's a few popular choices:

Fractal EV1 and EV2
Mission EP-1 and SP-1
Boss FV-500H and FV-500L
Dunlop DVP3 and DVP4
Moog EP-3

There's a ton more, so you're probably better off asking about a specific pedal you're interested in.

I have two Rocktron 'Hex' pedals that will not work with it unless I change the Potentiometer, so will the M-Audio EX-P?

I have two Rocktron 'Hex' pedals that will not work with it unless I change the Potentiometer...
Consider trying a TRS cable with tip and ring swapped around on one end. Rocktron's manual calls this an "RTS" connection. The rest of the world calls it "TRS." Maybe it's just backwards.

Consider trying a TRS cable with tip and ring swapped around on one end. Rocktron's manual calls this an "RTS" connection. The rest of the world calls it "TRS." Maybe it's just backwards.
The specs show a 250k pot...

My Roland EV-5 does not work. Could be the pedal though. I can't even remember where, why and when I got it.

The rare Mission SP-2 also works. Two channels...control pedal 1 and click the toe switch and then it controls exp pedal 2.

I've had success in converting Dunlop wah pedals into expression pedals by purchasing a Dunlop linear pot and a TRS jack and rewiring.
I am using an old Dunlop Crybaby that I gutted but I'm using the stock HotPotz or whatever it was called. Does the linear pot make much difference? I feel like I need to tweak my curves in FM3 editor but seems to work fine. Am I missing out on anything?

Back
Top Bottom