Liquidfoot Pro tuner

TBurst Std

Inspired
I thought something was wrong possibly with my rig, but in talking to a few others, they are experiencing the same.

The tuner display on the LFP was working on AXE 10.01 and LFR 2.07. After updates to 2.08 and 2.09, the switch works correctly, but there is no display of the note and either sharp or flat. This is over 7 PIN MIDI. With 2, 5 PIN MIDI it works fine.

I have tested this with both my previous established working cable, as well as a brand new one of the same make from Bestronics.

So far what I have been able to determine:

LF 2.07 and AXE 10.01 does work for the 2 people I have talked to with that setup.
LF 2.08 and AXE 10.01 does not work for the 2 people I have talked to with that setup.
LF 2.09 and AXE 10.01 does not work for the 1 person I have talked to with that setup.
LF 2.09 and AXE 10.02 does not work for the 1 person I have talked to with that setup.
I had 2 responses from people on LF 2.09 but did not reference the AXE FW that is working.

If you have a LFP and are using 7 PIN MIDI and the tuner display, would you mind responding to this thread with both your FX values (LF and AXE) and a status or working or not.

Thank You

Yes, I have two Liquid Ft Jr's and right after the latest update they both stopped showing the tuner info. Not sure why. I tried to reset one of them but had not luck. Gotta wait for the next update I guess.

Larry

Larry Mitchell said:
Yes, I have two Liquid Ft Jr's and right after the latest update they both stopped showing the tuner info. Not sure why. I tried to reset one of them but had not luck. Gotta wait for the next update I guess.

Larry
Your FW on the JR and on the AXE?

setup 1:
LF Pro 2.07 + Ultra 10.02: tuner works fine

setup 2:
LF jr 2.09 + Ultra 10.02: tuner works fine

Sorry I forgot to give you that info before.

Liquid Foot Jr #1 2.08 Axe Fx Ultra 10.01 No Tuner info

Liquid Foot Jr #2 2.09 Axe Fx Ultra 10.01 (same one) No Tuner info

I have faith that Jeff will figure this out. Some have it working some don't.... Could be user installer error? Although since Java is having the same problem then that seems unlikely. But something happened because both of my units stopped showing the tuner info right after i did the FW update.

Larry

Let's try to troubleshoot: if you turn on the tuner pressing the tuner button on the Axe-Fx does the LF midi led continously flash?

I don't know if this has something to do with this problem, but FYI I've noticed that all my sysex commands refused to work with Ultra 10.02 because the header has changed

once I changed the header from F0 00 00 7D 00 02 to F0 00 01 74 00 02 everything worked fine again.
but I can't recall if at any time the tuner didn't work. (tuner works fine with me)

Maybe the guys with the tuner not working should check the Sys-Ex ID in the LF and the Axe also.

GiRa said:
Maybe the guys with the tuner not working should check the Sys-Ex ID in the LF and the Axe also.

You can't change the sysex ID on the Axe-fx in 10.02
I set the sysex id in the autoload like it instructed in the LF instructions.

you don't set the sysex ID for the axe-fx tuner. You just tell the LF to use Axe-fx as the tuner source, you can also choose g-major if you have one of those.

GiRa said:
Let's try to troubleshoot: if you turn on the tuner pressing the tuner button on the Axe-Fx does the LF midi led continously flash?

Its not that. The tuner works fine with my MFC-101. Jeff is looking into it.

voes said:
I don't know if this has something to do with this problem, but FYI I've noticed that all my sysex commands refused to work with Ultra 10.02 because the header has changed

once I changed the header from F0 00 00 7D 00 02 to F0 00 01 74 00 02 everything worked fine again.
but I can't recall if at any time the tuner didn't work. (tuner works fine with me)
Patrick, where do you do that?

TBurst Std said:
voes said:

I was refering to the 200 sysex-messages you can store in the LF.
You can't set these for the tuner AFAIK.

voes said:
TBurst Std said:
voes said:

I was refering to the 200 sysex-messages you can store in the LF.
You can't set these for the tuner AFAIK.
Thats what I was thinking. Wanted to make sure I didn;t miss something.

Back
Top Bottom