Liquidfoot Jr. and AxeFX-II Questions

mmcm4

Inspired
I just recently purchased a LF Jr to kinda hold me over until I receive my LF+ Jr+. I had an MFC-101 but now I'm moving to something a little bit smaller. This means I'm not great at MIDI and I half expect the Jr. to program itself like the MFC-101. I've begun to set it up with my AxeFX-II, and I need help:

I've googled and haven't come across much except this website which is great, but it seems to be for a previous firmware and before the AxeFX-II: Liquid-Foot Jr. - Index

Questions (So far):
1. Should the MIDI Device name (in the Global menu) be AXE-FX or AXE-FX2?
2. Should I change the Sysex ID from 125(?) to 116 for the AxeFX-II?
3. When I download presets (Autoload), do I need to have two 5-pin MIDI cables connected from the Jr. to the AxeFX-II?
4. It also has a direct mode. Should I try to use this mode instead so it syncs everything better?

Thanks for reading all of this. If you can help, please do!

1. AXE-FX2
2. Unless things have changed with jr I think it is 116. On my LF 12+ it is set to 124, however.
3. No one 5 pin or 7pin cable (provided all the pins are connected) will provide bidirectional communication - 7 pin can supply power if you have the adapter connected to the axefx2
4. You can try, I prefer not to use it as it limits much of the power of the LF products.

Hey folks- just trying to get my LF JR working in the same manner - any info to share?

You should check out Voes' website if you've not already done so. It's excellent. I use his processes and tips all the time with my LF Pro. The link is in the OP above.

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom