Liquid-Foot step by step guide

The User Manual is not really didactic.
Thank you for it.

I'm actually on the fog with many functions not really explained in the manual. Many of them are just described but not really explained by examples.
Also, many functions aren't in the the manual because of the last update is adding them. The manual is for 1.90, but many new features was added after this version.

It's like Axe-FX manual, except that we could find more help about new features on the forum. LF forums are not really helpfully for that...

Great site Voes--- I am behind on my user guides. no doubt. I will go through your site and make comments.

First one is on STEPS--- Keep in mind that anything prior to the first step command is treated as GLOBAL commands and will be fired on every step!

you don't need them- but they are there. On your site you show a step command being the first... just a heads up.

Well done!!!

U2JustMe said:
Great site Voes--- I am behind on my user guides. no doubt. I will go through your site and make comments.

First one is on STEPS--- Keep in mind that anything prior to the first step command is treated as GLOBAL commands and will be fired on every step!

you don't need them- but they are there. On your site you show a step command being the first... just a heads up.

Well done!!!

Thanks Jeff! Nice to know I have the blessings of the master himself :cool:

EXPERT: Step-Thru adjusted!

Voes,

Thank You! This is very helpful. Very Straight forward.

I am curious what strategies people use in setting up the LFJ and why. I know there are lots of possibilities. I'd be interested in know what configurations people use and why.

Thanks again,

Mrandel

mrandel said:
Voes,

Thank You! This is very helpful. Very Straight forward.

I am curious what strategies people use in setting up the LFJ and why. I know there are lots of possibilities. I'd be interested in know what configurations people use and why.

Thanks again,

Mrandel

Thanks for the compliment :cool:

I use my LFJ this way:

8S-mode

when pushing menu I go to 8P-mode and choose a program and each program goes back to 8S-mode.

I use IA Switch HOLD 1 second, so underneath each switch (well most of them) is another command.

S1: DRIVE
S2: DELAY dual 4 and .8 (with sysex) GROUP 3
S3: TREM
S4: PHA
S5: MORE DRIVE (controlling drive and/or tone of DRIVE)
S6: MULTIDELAY
S7: DETUNE GROUP 11
S8: TAP

S17:
S18: DELAY dual 4 and 4 (with sysex) GROUP 3
S19: A/B: faster speed of TREM and PHA
S20: copy S19
S21: drive switch to clip type FW RECT for a fuzz sound
S22: DELAY 2 (slap delay) GROUP 3
S23: OCTAVER GROUP 11
S24: TUNER

MENU: switch to 8P-mode.
program 1-8 have an additional command to go back to 8S-mode.

voes said:
I use my LFJ this way:

8S-mode

when pushing menu I go to 8P-mode and choose a program and each program goes back to 8S-mode.

I use IA Switch HOLD 1 second, so underneath each switch (well most of them) is another command.

S1: DRIVE
S2: DELAY dual 4 and .8 (with sysex) GROUP 3
S3: TREM
S4: PHA
S5: MORE DRIVE (controlling drive and/or tone of DRIVE)
S6: MULTIDELAY
S7: DETUNE GROUP 11
S8: TAP

S17:
S18: DELAY dual 4 and 4 (with sysex) GROUP 3
S19: A/B: faster speed of TREM and PHA
S20: copy S19
S21: drive switch to clip type FW RECT for a fuzz sound
S22: DELAY 2 (slap delay) GROUP 3
S23: OCTAVER GROUP 11
S24: TUNER

MENU: switch to 8P-mode.
program 1-8 have an additional command to go back to 8S-mode.

Awesome idea! I love my LFPro but might look at getting a JR for smaller gigs/rehearsal etc... The guide you created gets better all the time, a fantastic resource!

Thanks again.

Spence

Great job!!!

Are you going to update the Jr side to include 6 mode application?

Setup concept

1) Tremolo
2) Drive 1
3) Drive 2
4) Chorus
5) Flanger - Phaser (step thru)
6) Delay 1 - Delay 2 (step thru)

Menu/tuner

Then I guess you would change presets and banks with the remaining 2 buttons

Actually this would probably work better with 8s/8P setup.

If I get your 8s/8P setup.

when you select a preset and go to that patch does the LFJR automatically switches to 8S mode?

If that is the case than that is pretty cool --

LVC said:
Great job!!!

Setup concept

1) Tremolo
2) Drive 1
3) Drive 2
4) Chorus

Menu/tuner

when you select a preset and go to that patch does the LFJR automatically switches to 8S mode?

Yes that's the goal of that step-by-step guide.
click menu and go to 8-P mode (8 presets)
choose one of the 8 presets
go back to 8-S mode (8 switches)

an alternative would be to click the menu and go to 6-P mode (6 presets and up/down)
that way you would have all your presets reachable

so you can have it setup to be 6P/8S

6P -- w/ up/down
click on Preset --- LFJr automatically switches over to 8S mode for all of you effect on/off switches.

that setup sounds like it work work me

voes said:
LVC said:
Great job!!!

Setup concept

1) Tremolo
2) Drive 1
3) Drive 2
4) Chorus

Menu/tuner

Yes that's the goal of that step-by-step guide.
click menu and go to 8-P mode (8 presets)
choose one of the 8 presets
go back to 8-S mode (8 switches)

an alternative would be to click the menu and go to 6-P mode (6 presets and up/down)
that way you would have all your presets reachable

LVC said:
so you can have it setup to be 6P/8S

6P -- w/ up/down
click on Preset --- LFJr automatically switches over to 8S mode for all of you effect on/off switches.

that setup sounds like it work work me

sure, just follow my steps on http://voes.be/liquidfoot/jr/expert_jr_s-p_mode.html

on part 1 - step 8 change this:

on 01M DATA2
*SP* 1:012 2:002

into this:

on 01M DATA2
*SP* 1:012 2:004
(4 means go to 6P-mode)

that's all!

don't forget to set a second command on each preset in the LF jr to go to 8S-mode (as explained in the same tutotial)

have fun!

Whats the best way to program a "Special" Button with stuff that you don't normally use? Since button config is global and not patch by patch basis this is difficult. Should I make that button send midi CC's for every effect that I don't normally use or should I change the CC number of all those effects in the Axe to the same thing?

guitarman19853 said:
Whats the best way to program a "Special" Button with stuff that you don't normally use? Since button config is global and not patch by patch basis this is difficult. Should I make that button send midi CC's for every effect that I don't normally use or should I change the CC number of all those effects in the Axe to the same thing?

You could set the CC as an external and assign it as needed per preset. Then you have some more options that might be of interest, like opposite bypass states among multiple blocks and adjusting other controllable parameters.

Between the other approaches it would probably be easier to set them all to the same CC on the Axe. Using the learn function it would be quick: nav down, enter, step on switch, repeat. You could still set the same CC (or add a second one to the switch) as an external for the purposes above when desired.

Hey Voes, I used your site a lot with the FCB1010 & now that I've got a LFJr, I'm using your site again. I appreciate the information.

My brain is always trying to figure out ways to get more out of these things & your tutorials are along my lines of thinking & get my noodle going. Thanks!

Expressing my deep gratitude to Voes for his LF Pro tutorial is long overdue. It has been a lifeline for me over the last few months. I've even pulled it up on my iPhone during a practice!

Thanks Voes, for such an excellent resource!!

Terry.

Hi Patrick/anyone else who can help,

I'm just having some trouble with my Axe Fx II and LF Jr. I'm running v3.0 on the AxeFxII and 2.17 on the LF Jr.

Basically what I have right now is 8S/8P mode like what you (Voes) have. I'm trying to get a similar setup as yours as it seems quite nice and streamlined. I have tried to carefully follow your tutorial on your website and it's nice and informative but I seem to be lacking a step as I've come across some issues.

Problems:
1. I can't seem to change programs (presets) on the Axe Fx with the LF Jr. When I'm in 8P mode and stepping through the programs (eg. P1=Preset 1, P2 = Preset 2 etc), the preset on the LF Jr changes but no changes on the AxeFxII. It does show there is a MIDI in input happening but no program change
2. Autoload doesn't work for me. I've gone through the Utility Menu, set the first LF preset as 001, press S4, and set dev 1st preset as #000, press S4, then set dev last patch as 251. It shows that it's loading but after it's done, still nothing (Problem 1 where when I change presets on the jr, it doesn't change preset on the axe).

I've got a couple of other issues still to be sorted out but for now, I think those are the main ones that I can hopefully fix.

thanks in advance for your help!

Back
Top Bottom