Liquid Foot Pro and XL

Keg8605

Power User
Anyone still using a LFP with an XL? The latest beta software from FAMC doesn't work for me.

I'm working on setting up a LF+JR+. I also have an MFC, but am experimenting with a smaller board setup. Not certain my experiences are 100% applicable to LFP, but I am pretty good results so far, and expect that I'll be using the LF on an upcoming tour.

What are you experiencing with the beta software that is problematic?

I know the manual is indicated as being version 4.10beta, which is odd. The LF software is up to v 4.31, and I'm running that version on my LF+JR+. It took me a little time to understand how the LF+ system maps to the AxeFX, but after some experimentation (and careful note-taking) I have it all working pretty well. It's amazing to me how powerful the LF+ software can be, and once I got my basic programming worked out, it started to really click for me. The MFC has awesome plug-and-play integration with the AxeFX, and it's a fantastic controller. I just wanted to reduce size / weight for touring, and have started to really love the deeper functionality of the LF+, especially the use of Pages and IA / Preset Steps.

I am not an expert, but would be happy to help if anyone is having trouble getting set up. The manual helps, but it doesn't accurately map to the current software, so it can be a little confusing.

I still have the LF+12+. I haven't updated in a long time. I also haven't used it in a long time. Great foot pedal. Not the best customer support. Great guy but he will never admit that it ever has a bug. Makes working things out difficult. EVERY thing has bugs. That's what developers do is chase them down and squash them.

The LFP can't autoload. The only work around, IIRC, was to turn the XL to the preset I wished to load, then turn off program change on the XL and do autoload setup. Then after it loaded it, you had to manually set the program change message. That is the problem, the beta software is not programming the pc (program change) command properly. It's placing it on the second part of the message.

So for the program change messages it programs them like this

1st patch -1: 000 2:001
2nd patch- 1:000 2:002
etc.

It should program like this instead
1st patch- 1:001 2:000
2nd patch- 2:002 2:000

That's why currently when autoloading, if you leave program change on in the xl, it will autoload the 1st preset in every slot you setup autoload for. Hopefully that makes sense. The work around takes a lot of time if you are loading a bunch of patches but at least gets you your IA states and names.

Interesting. You indicated you're using beta software on the LF? Which numeric software version are you using? Is it 4.31 or another build?

Well its beta for the Pro and Jr. so- 2.3 beta. I'm sure the newer models are more supported and up to date.

Interesting. You indicated you're using beta software on the LF? Which numeric software version are you using? Is it 4.31 or another build?

He's using an original Liquid Foot and not the newer LF+ series, so it uses an older Editor that I don't think is updated anymore, so I don't think it has been updated to use the Axe-Fx II XL or XL+. On the FAMC forum the original Liquid Foots are under the Discontinued Product Support section.

You could try contacting FAMC Support but it will probably take a month before they reply or they just won't reply at all. They make great products but have the worst support and take a very long time to fix bugs in the Editor or just don't fix them.

I just looked at the FAMC Forum and it looks like in August 2014 they added compatibility for the Axe-Fx II XL but never added the XL+.

Mine's an XL btw, not a +. I had put in a support ticket that I was trying to work it out with them. Did all the troubleshooting and etc. I had also posted on their forum as well when I was trying to figure it out. I have complete confidence that its just a small glitch bug with the beta software. But since the LFP is discontinued they have no reason to fix or update it necessarily. O well.

Mine's an XL btw, not a +. I had put in a support ticket that I was trying to work it out with them. Did all the troubleshooting and etc. I had also posted on their forum as well when I was trying to figure it out. I have complete confidence that its just a small glitch bug with the beta software. But since the LFP is discontinued they have no reason to fix or update it necessarily. O well.

You should keep contacting FAMC Support. Even though their support is known to be very slow, they may resolve your issue.

Dude is always busy, wish he could get his crap together to go big time and hire some people. Seems as if he's always in a new product cycle release. When I had my older LFPro he helped me with a few things, and was very attentive. It's luck of the draw. I don't know many if any companies that will still support older versions of it's product like he does. Even fractal doesn't do this.

Back
Top Bottom