Liquid Foot Models Question

vaultnaemsae

Inspired
Hi,
Can anyone help me with identifying this LF model?
It says LF JR+ but the logo looks different to that on the website...is it a knock off?
lf.jpg
Cheers,
Luke

Yep, that's a LF+ JR+ with the updated logo, and most likely a G2 device. I think they changed to that logo and introduced G2 in early 2014.

From the FW release notes:

v3.15
-----
- New: Update for Generation 2 Products. Upon boot-up, firmware will contain a "G1" or "G2" label. DO NOT use a G1 device as an extender with a G2 device, or vice-versa. All programming however is 100% compatible. The two generations are NOT compatible with regard to the expander port. DO NOT plug a G2 LF+ into a Liquid-Router. Please request a LF+ G1 variant upon ordering. THERE IS NO FUNCTIONAL difference between the units with the exception of compatibility of expanders. G1 units can connect together unmodified. G2 units can be connected unmodified. G2 units can be converted to G1 units prior to shipment from FAMC if you request it at order time. Liquid Routers will also display G1/G2 on next firmware release. All Liquid-Router units released as of 10/1/2013 are all G1 units.

Yep, that's a LF+ JR+ with the updated logo, and most likely a G2 device. I think they changed to that logo and introduced G2 in early 2014.

From the FW release notes:

v3.15
-----
- New: Update for Generation 2 Products. Upon boot-up, firmware will contain a "G1" or "G2" label. DO NOT use a G1 device as an extender with a G2 device, or vice-versa. All programming however is 100% compatible. The two generations are NOT compatible with regard to the expander port. DO NOT plug a G2 LF+ into a Liquid-Router. Please request a LF+ G1 variant upon ordering. THERE IS NO FUNCTIONAL difference between the units with the exception of compatibility of expanders. G1 units can connect together unmodified. G2 units can be connected unmodified. G2 units can be converted to G1 units prior to shipment from FAMC if you request it at order time. Liquid Routers will also display G1/G2 on next firmware release. All Liquid-Router units released as of 10/1/2013 are all G1 units.

Thanks for that info. I just added it to the Wiki: http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...u_have_a_1st_G1_or_2nd_G2_Generation_Model.3F

Back
Top Bottom