Lions Got Robbed

I see that, but if the refs didn't screw up the tripping call there would never have been this drive. These bad refs giveth and take away.
That tripping call was the least of the Cowboys worries. Following that, the Dallas defense and their soft coverage let Detroit drive all the way down the field across multiple plays. Couldn't stop them for sh*t. Cowboys fans shouldn't feel their team had a good showing last night.

Last edited:
By placing a couple micro chips in the football, we can know exactly where it is at, at all times.

I'm trying to understand why everyone seems to think informing the defense is a bad thing?
I frequently hear referees announce that offensive player "so-and-so" is reporting as eligible.
When did people expect it to be a covert offensive move?
I don't see anyone saying the refs shouldn't inform the defense, that's what they are supposed to do. The ref will sometimes announce it over the PA, which in this case would have removed any question as to which player "they thought" was reporting.

The point is after 68 went to the official, the ref immediately went to the defense to inform them of an eligible player.

Haven’t watched a bit for 4 years now. College 3 years. I remember being at a Steelers game about 10 years ago and talking with a stranger next to me how all the ridiculous rules, bad officiating, spoiled players and rotten management are destroying the game. The guy looked at me like he didn’t have a clue what I was talking about and I just went back to watching the game.

The really sad thing is there’s no going back. Once this type of rot takes over a culture only very hard times change it and we are have gotten way too soft. They got us by the tiny bits and they know it.

Soonish, AI will "fix" the majority of bad or questionable calls, but NFL traditionalists will lament the loss of (ever flawed) human referees. Nonetheless fans will still hate on the NFL for ruining the game with cold, calculating machines. As it should be.

I watched an interesting documentary where they've brought some new tech into tennis (and soccer I think) where they can spot the ball over goal/foul lines, etc. with accuracy far surpassing a human, negating a lot of the "human element" via referee-ing, bad calls, bias, human perception....

What was most interesting were the comments and rantings from both sides of the aisle, for, and against, this kind of tech. Some say the human element, both good or bad, is essential to "the game". Others said to get an unequivocal, correct "call" every time, particularly in tennis where the ball speeds get way up, is the way to go. Both sides were....passionate lol.

There’s such a huge difference between honest mistakes due to human frailty and calculated, preconceived screwups due some bizzarro type of “affirmative action” to even the game or make it “more exciting” for people who normally wouldn’t have cared about the sport.

I remember a time when I actually knew the main officials by name and saw them year after year and they rarely made outrageous errors. So we trusted them to be fair. This is back in the 70’s and 80’s. If they made a bad call it was over and forgotten and there was no making up for it later in the game.

It’s all the “everyone gets a trophy” mentality ruining everything.

That tripping call was the least of the Cowboys worries. Following that, the Dallas defense and their soft coverage let Detroit drive all the way down the field across multiple plays. Couldn't stop them for sh*t. Cowboys fans shouldn't feel their team had a good showing last night.
We don't. But all this focus on the last call and how it robbed Detroit is hypocritical,

I have seen the replay several times and Dallas got screwed and the Lions got a break. If the bad call had not been made at all Dallas would have had 2nd and 3 and run running plays and probably run the clock down. If the call had been made correctly, Dallas would have had a first and ten and would have definitely run the clock out.

So the Lions got a huge break there and then Karma struck at the end. Yes, probably bad call but the only reason the play was ran in the first place is due to the gift they got on the tripping call.

Bottom line is the officiating is horrible.

Sorry - a 15 yard tripping call that doesn't involve points is not equivalent to taking game winning points off the board. They are not equal.

Besides, this Sh!t has been going on for years, especially with Dallas. . .

Sorry - a 15 yard tripping call that doesn't involve points is not equivalent to taking game winning points off the board. They are not equal.

Besides, this Sh!t has been going on for years, especially with Dallas. . .

This penalty enabled the last drive were this controversy and "point removal". You obviously don't get it, if the tripping penalty had not been called they would not have had this happen at the end. Dallas would have run the clock out. A 2nd and 3 became a first and 25. That penalty changed the rest of the game. Dallas would have had 3 more downs to get 3 yards, which they would have done easily. Then four more downs to run the clock out. Instead they got backed up into passing plays negating the ability to run run plays and run the clock out.

Your are just going to have to put your hatred aside and look at the chain of events that happened starting at 2:04 left in the game.

Saw it. Wouldn't mind if the Lions go all the way.

You'd think the NFL would put an end to all the snipin' and grousing always going on - if somethin aint right or affects a play, make it right.
? More refs . . refs mic'd . . refs in booth watching during play etc etc.

Pro Tennis has a dozen plus cameras so line calls are always perfect.

Saw it. Wouldn't mind if the Lions go all the way.

You'd think the NFL would put an end to all the snipin' and grousing always going on - if somethin aint right or affects a play, make it right.
? More refs . . refs mic'd . . refs in booth watching during play etc etc.
More refs, more mics, more eyes, more game stoppages, etc... The airing of NFL games might become a 5-hour long experience. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom