Bug? Linking MIDI CC expr. to Multiband Compressor parameters = CRASH

Dr. Dipwad

Experienced
Title of post says it all:

I was building a patch in which I was using the Level of the output of the Multiband Compressor as a parameter controlled by CC. When I did this, the unit locked up even before I could save the patch. I had to shut off and restart. I replicated the event 3 times before giving up using CC on a Multiband Compressor.

Fortunately I ended up putting a Gate just after the Multiband Compressor, so in the end I was able to control the level of that branch of my signal path using CC on the level of the Gate. A perfectly acceptable workaround...but doing it on the Multiband Compressor shouldn't have made it crash.

This is all in firmware 10.something, which shipped with the unit a couple of months ago when I first got it.

I'll be upgrading to 11 soon, as soon as I learn how. Sorry if this is a known bug already fixed in 11; I just haven't had the unit very long yet and haven't tried a firmware upgrade yet.

Without Axe-Edit.

I haven't even had time to download and learn Axe-Edit yet; thus far everything I've done has been from the front panel.

Okay, I hope to finally download and learn to use Fractal Bot and Axe Edit after work tonight, so I'll see if it continues after I upgrade to 11.03.

Back
Top Bottom