Wish Link default Amp AC Line Frequency to global setting

connor66

In Europe, we are meant to set our global AC Line Frequency to 50Hz.
However, all of the amp sims default to 60Hz, which means you have to page back and forward to correct the setting when auditioning amps.
It would be really useful to have the default setting for all amps to match the global setting.

Thanks
Gary

Do your ears prefer the 50 Hz setting? Many people think it sounds better at 60 Hz, but that may just be local prejudice.

I ask because there is no need to base that parameter on the actual power line frequency in any country.

I agree that it would be good to be able to set the global default for this.

Also note that the global setting (currently - no pun intended) is only for the noise reduction in the gate.

@unix-guy, I hear what you're saying.
As said above, my ears prefer the 50Hz setting and surely the point of the parameter is to simulate the effect of the actual AC line frequency going into the amp sim.

@unix-guy, I hear what you're saying.
As said above, my ears prefer the 50Hz setting and surely the point of the parameter is to simulate the effect of the actual AC line frequency going into the amp sim.
The point of which parameter, though? That's why I posted - because the Global parameter is currently NOT related to the modeling. It is specifically used and required to correctly filter out real noise, not a part of the amp modeling.

I agree that a global setting for the AC line frequency of the Amp block is a useful idea. I'm only trying to point out that the two things are different.

No worries.
The "parameter" I referred to is the AC Line Frequency setting within the amp sim.
I understand that this is different to the global setting.
It's simply that I prefer the 50Hz setting (within the amp sim) and would like the ease of having it linked with the global setting.

Back
Top Bottom