Line 6 Treadplate IR?

rsf1977

Fractal Fanatic
i know this sounds silly, but is there anyway to get a Line 6 "Treadplate" IR. It's based on a Recto Cab of some sort. I know there are some great recto IRs out there, but i had this crystal clear mid range bark and tight lowend from my line 6 Criminal Amp (5150) and Treadplate (recto Cab) with SM57 sim that i can't seem to replicate. I'm trying to replicate as many parts as I can get so i can see which part of the signal chain are doing what to the tone exactly.

rsf1977 said:
i know this sounds silly, but is there anyway to get a Line 6 "Treadplate" IR. It's based on a Recto Cab of some sort. I know there are some great recto IRs out there, but i had this crystal clear mid range bark and tight lowend from my line 6 Criminal Amp (5150) and Treadplate (recto Cab) with SM57 sim that i can't seem to replicate. I'm trying to replicate as many parts as I can get so i can see which part of the signal chain are doing what to the tone exactly.

Yes. I think I have all the XT cab in impulse form. I'll see if I can't did that one up.

Hey, does anyone know if the Line 6 IRs are "real" IRs or some fake reproduction? Does anyone use any of their IRs on their Axe-Fx units currently?

rsf1977 said:
Hey, does anyone know if the Line 6 IRs are "real" IRs or some fake reproduction? Does anyone use any of their IRs on their Axe-Fx units currently?

The are IRs, I think they use a smaller number of samples at a lower sample rate though. I'll look how long they are when I get home.

well i have to say i really like this IR lol. Java did anyone find out the resolution of it?

javajunkie said:
Looks like shy of 480 sample in the IR. I'll have to check the wave file.

that seems pretty low right? Have you tried it out? Any opinion on it?

Also, is there anything on the Axe/User IRs that's very similar, but possible with a higher sampler rate, I guess like this on steriods, if that makes sense?

rsf1977 said:
javajunkie said:
Looks like shy of 480 sample in the IR. I'll have to check the wave file.

that seems pretty low right? Have you tried it out? Any opinion on it?

Also, is there anything on the Axe/User IRs that's very similar, but possible with a higher sampler rate, I guess like this on steriods, if that makes sense?

I actually didn't try it out. I just converted it and sent it on :lol: . I found a file of a lot of the line 6 cabs on the net somewhere. I can't remember any more.

Since I haven't tried it, I can't really say about anything similar. You could try the stock mesas in the Axe-fx or the recabinet demo ones.

Back
Top Bottom